Has anyone seen the price of antler dog chews on eBay?

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by breckhawk, Jan 3, 2017.

1. breckhawk

breckhawk Active Member

Wife told me to clear out some antler. So I fired up the PC and started looking around for the best way to do it.

Unreal what people are paying. You look at some of the stuff sold by the pound and people are paying north of $30 a pound for 'premium' dog chews. I have 10 lbs of 'premium' dog chews just laying around. Pondering jumping on the bandsaw for 30 minutes and listing them.

Anyone do this?

It's no wonder everyone and their brother is shed hunting these days.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Turkey Creek

Turkey Creek Nebraska

Better jump on the bandwagon while the going is good. I imagine just like most fads, it will be short lived.

4. Booner

Booner Well-Known Member

Probably be a good idea. Family friend owns a pet store, same deal. It's been a "fad" for a couple years now. Go into thiesens and look at their pricing. 6" of elk antler goes for over 20$.

5. StickersNKickers

StickersNKickers Camo Up!

Don't tell my wife...I kinda like my "premium" ones intact and don't really want to give them up. Wonder what qualifies it as a "premium" dog chew anyway.

6. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

I've seen these at petco, it's too bad cuz some really nice antlers get chopped up for chew toys. I can see my wife pushing for this once my pile gets much bigger. lol I hope this fad passes fast, enough people shed hunt as it is; hate to see more competition in it just for the money

7. Oct-Lull

Oct-Lull Active Member

Why do you think there is 10x the people out looking. Early 2000's there were alot to find, now alot of people tracks. Gave away 2 totes of first years to my wife's friend d for her German Shepherds to chew, kinda dumb of me. I sold some sub 50" stuff a couple years ago. Premium was fresh, good color, size didn't matter as it was by weight. I mean who sells all they find each season and saves none? Leads to alot of poaching.

8. StickersNKickers

StickersNKickers Camo Up!

Not sure if my dog would chew on them anyway. I have some in the garage that she can get to, but I never see them moved any. Probably because the color isn't "premium", and they're not fresh any more.

9. Jordan46

Jordan46 Member

It has ruined the hobby. Money became involved and down the toilet in went. More and more trespassers. I refuse to sell any antler

November 7 likes this.
  10. Bonehunter24

Bonehunter24 Member

People have been buying antler for a lot of years. I know some old boys who were buying in the 70's. The price is just higher now just like everything else.