Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HBS or Sitka Fanatic Series?

Buckdown89

I know pricing is quite a bit different but just curious on the thoughts between the two. If you had to choose one or the other which would it be?

Sitka Fanatic is worth the money. Warm and comfy. Pack the coat in most of the time depending on length of walk in.

I went with the HBS. Love the purchase. Probably the best hunting investment I have made. Don't have to wear it all the time and doesn't take any additional effort to throw it on your back.

Many members on here use these products. Both are great products it all depend on what you are wanting as they both have their place.

I have the Sitka Fanatic all your going to need love the light layering system you don't need a bunch of cloths on underneath , well worth the money you wont regret it. I pack mine in as well.. Love the Vest also awesome for Bow hunting in 50 degree weather.

Jbohn said:
Yes it loves to pick up everything , constantly picking things off..

Fanatic is the only line that is the Berber fleece exterior material. The Stratus and Incinerator lines both do well with burrs. I got rid of my Fanatic set because of the burr issue. It was really bad but it's a great suit aside from that.

I think the biggest difference is the overall investment. The HBS will cost 400.00 all in. The Sitka gear will cost approximately 2,000 for the system.

isu22andy said:
600 dollars for a set and then you have to buy into their layering system ?

You don't have to get the layering items. It's all good stuff but if you already have merino base layers and a decent mid layer top, the Sitka outers is all you will need.

I don't have a HBS but basically wearing a sleeping bag in the tree seems too crazy for me. I'm sure it works well for warmth but I can't buy into it for bow hunting. Just my opinion

JBAGS said:
You don't have to get the layering items. It's all good stuff but if you already have merino base layers and a decent mid layer top, the Sitka outers is all you will need. I don't have a HBS but basically wearing a sleeping bag in the tree seems too crazy for me. I'm sure it works well for warmth but I can't buy into it for bow hunting. Just my opinion

Thought the same till I found one on Craigslist for 180 bucks . Best thing I've bought hands down . It literally feels like your in your living room under a huge blanket . Hands don't ever get cold can play on your phone all day . Drop your phone or range finder grunt tube it all stays in the suit . Without a harness you couldn't force me to sit in one but they are awesome . Only complaint is the camo choices are garbage and it's a pain to roll up in the dark . To each their own . Wish I could afford em both haha.

Fanatic is the only line that is the Berber fleece exterior material. The Stratus and Incinerator lines both do well with burrs. I got rid of my Fanatic set because of the burr issue. It was really bad but it's a great suit aside from that.

Status is terrible with sticky things of the woods too. About threw mine stratus set out once it was so covered. Most issues solve by having good sneak path to stands. Again, my only complaint.... The burr magnetic feature they add.

IowaBowHunter1983 said:
Status is terrible with sticky things of the woods too. About threw mine stratus set out once it was so covered. Most issues solve by having good sneak path to stands. Again, my only complaint.... The burr magnetic feature they add.

Wait. No one else passes the time in stand by picking off the sticky things they picked up on the way in?

Top Bottom