Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help a new hunter

Rjack

Last year I was a mentor in a new program in Iowa to help get adults who have not hunted involved in hunting. It is a part of the NWTF program called Save the Habitat, Save the Hunt.
http://www.nwtf.org/about/save-the-habitat-hunt
http://www.nwtf.org/about/state/iowa

The program lasts all year and covers many topics and includes trap shooting, archery, survival skills, a turkey hunt, a pheasant hunt, and a waterfowl hunt. It was great to see the new hunters progress last year. If people are not introduced to hunting as a youth, it is very unlikely they will start hunting. This program is providing an avenue for adults who have not hunted to give it a try.

The program is in its 2nd year now and we are gearing up for the turkey hunt. Here is the ask.....

We are short a couple places to bring these new hunters for the turkey hunt. Ideally, we would like it to be in Polk county - or very close. The hunt is just 1 day and will be held on May 6th. If you have a place you would allow a 1 day turkey hunt during 4th season to a new hunter, please let me know by responding to this thread or a PM. The mentee would be hunting their first turkey hunt and a mentor would be along to help guide them.

Thanks for considering.

We are still looking for 1 more place. Anything within an hour of Des Moines would be great. Once again, this is a 1 day hunt and no further ask from the landowner. Thanks for considering if you have property.

It's actually a "secret" :) little honey hole that Rjack knows about. Don't think anyone hunted them all year.
Now my other places, some "lucky guests and friends & family" have showed me Toms and Pics of some absolute giant turkeys they killed. Holy cow. I don't turkey hunt but what these guys did and shot, pretty amazing. I never seen turkeys like that. Looked like they killed Godzilla & his relatives for several of them!

Thanks Skip. I will be in contact. Much appreciated.

Glad we won't be on a place with the Godzillia sizes turkeys - not sure a newbie could handle that. We are just looking to get them a first turkey hunt experience.

Top Bottom