Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help for dbltree...

Sorry to hear this. I was just remembering the other day how I had to argue with the guy at the elevator about whether atrazine and round up in late April would kill my newly planted switch grass. Thanks Dbltree, it worked great even if the guy selling it thought I was crazy!

Gladiator-I will donate tonight and have quite a few wildlife prints I would love to donate for auction when you are ready. Paul is as good a man as I've met. I owe him so much. If you read this Paul know I have been praying for you since I heard. You are a great man.

He has asked for nothing for his wealth of knowledge and it is time we can repay the favor.

Perfectly stated. I do not know Paul but I have gained a great deal of knowledge by following his posts. You can't put a value on what he has done to help so many people in the outdoors. It is indeed time we help him and his family out in times of need.

I think the responses and giving to date speak volumes about the influence that Paul has had on so many others. But in addition to the current fund drive, how about this idea...compile the best of Paul's habitat threads and sell them as a book, or two books, etc.

I know I would buy one and I am sure many, many others would do the same. The proceeds could be directed to Paul and his family and could very well amount to something significant.

Perhaps some of us could each take a subject and edit the the threads down to the essentials and then compile the various chapters up to one volume. Although I am by no means an editor, I would be very willing to help in this effort.

Paul, you and your family are in our prayers. Kep the faith and know God has a plan for you and your family. Life on this earth is short regardless how long you live here but life with God in eternity is priceless. God Bless bud and may God's healing hands touch you.

I will never forget the memory of Paul and I taking a secondary road (MUD) to his Davis County property and spending the day talking and shed hunting. We matched up a few... I can't express in words what a great person Paul is. This news really hurts and seems so unfair. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 18 and this feels the same way. My prayers are with Paul, Lori and Jesse. My best shed and some prints will be available for auction.....Kent Halstead

We are well on the way to the goal......

For the sake of a good challenge, I won't update the total until we go down on Saturday.......but I say we blow this $11,000 goal out of the water!!!!

For the sake of a good challenge, I won't update the total until we go down on Saturday.......but I say we blow this $11,000 goal out of the water!!!!

& If we do, thru a lot more giving.... I will say, there could be an additional $11k this family needs. I'm just saying, this original $11k gets Paul some of the basics he needs to survive and make life here more "manageable" for the family and him (this is a horrible situation) but realistically, these are the bare bones for what can help comfort their needs for supporting him. What we're raising here - in the THOUSANDS, wow, that's incredible guys, thank you all very much!!! I sure hope we blow past it and anything we do blow past, it sure is still needed. thanks all!

Paul, we have never met but I looked forward to each and every one of your posts. Spent hours reading and re-reading your previous posts, trying to gain even a portion of the knowledge that you have. I can't thank you enough for the contributions you have made to this site and to sportsmen everywhere. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Matt, thank you for putting this together! This thread blows me away and puts everything in perspective. Hunting is a great activity but there are far more important things in life. I hope the $100 this college kid contributed helps Paul get everything he needs and more. Guys, please look at how much you spend on hunting and think how you can help Paul, there is no better place for your money, thoughts, and prayers to go.

I never have said more than a sentence to Paul in person but he has answered many PMs about food plots for me. I know that when I get the opportunity to plant a food plot it will be 100% because of the help Paul has given me.

Paul, thank you for everything you have done for me and for people on these forums. Not just because of your extreme knowledge of habitat improvement but because of how you live your life for God. Many people have learned about God while searching for your information about habitat and food plots. You are a great child of God and I have been praying for you and your family since I heard about the news months ago.

God bless!

I have met Paul on a few occasions and was always so impressed by his steady, unassuming, sincere personality. I think God gives all of us a chance to interact and be touched by experiences and people in our lives who are there to help us better ourselves as people. Experiences or people who challenge each of us to ask who and what we are and what we should be striving to become. Those experiences and people stay in our memories for years - continuing to challenge us to be better people. (examples Parents, coaches, mentors, teachers, etc).

I sincerely think Paul is one of those people. His journey with and to God is one of those experiences we are being exposed to for a reason, however sad and hard to watch or hear about. Our greatest gift to Paul will not be the monetary gifts now, although tremendously important. Our greatest gift to Paul will be each of our individual efforts to strive to live our life more in his example. I know I will fall short - but be a better man anyway by trying. Thank you Paul - I pray you feel the grace of God helping you finish your journey to him.

God bless Paul, Lori and Jesse.

Last edited:
& If we do, thru a lot more giving.... I will say, there could be an additional $11k this family needs. I'm just saying, this original $11k gets Paul some of the basics he needs to survive and make life here more "manageable" for the family and him (this is a horrible situation) but realistically, these are the bare bones for what can help comfort their needs for supporting him. What we're raising here - in the THOUSANDS, wow, that's incredible guys, thank you all very much!!! I sure hope we blow past it and anything we do blow past, it sure is still needed. thanks all!

Exactly! Thank you to all who have given. The response to this thread and towards helping Paul and his family speaks volumes about the man he is. He's helped us all a TON ... time to give back!

I have met Paul on a few occasions and was always so impressed by his steady, unassuming, sincere personality. I think God gives all of us a chance to interact and be touched by experiences and people in our lives who are there to help us better ourselves as people. Experiences or people who challenge each of us to ask who and what we are and what we should be striving to become. Those experiences and people stay in our memories for years - continuing to challenge us to be better people. Parents, coaches, mentors, teachers, etc.

I sincerely think Paul is one of those people. His journey with and to God is one of those experiences we are being exposed to for a reason, however sad and hard to watch or hear about. Our greatest gift to Paul will not be the monetary gifts now, although tremendously important. Our greatest gift to Paul will be each of our individual efforts to strive to live our life more in his example. I know I will fall short - but be a better man anyway by trying. Thank you Paul - I pray you feel the grace of God helping you finish your journey to him.

God bless Paul, Lori and Jessie.

Couldn't agree more Brent....wow, well spoken.

Donated...

What a tragedy, and such a horrible disease. I've never personally met Paul but we've talked through this website about habitat/food plots and he's totally changed the way I approach managing the farms I hunt for deer. Prayers sent to Paul, Lori, and Jesse.

Some awesome posts from other sites about Paul if anyone cares to read them...

Here are a few other places people are commenting - holy smokes, this is amazing!!! :way:

Outreach Outdoors
http://www.outreachoutdoors.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6257

QDMA
http://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61365

http://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61367

http://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61368

Michigan Sportsman **Need to be a member
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488532

Friends...I don't know what to say, I'm overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity and tears are streaming down my face...

Thank you seems not enough but Lori, Jesse and I can't thank you all enough!

God bless you all

Paul

Friends...I don't know what to say, I'm overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity and tears are streaming down my face...

Thank you seems not enough but Lori, Jesse and I can't thank you all enough!

God bless you all

Paul

I can assure you that no matter what is being sent your way from all of us, it is only a drop in the bucket to what you have given to the outdoor community. I have never needed to meet you to know that you are a man who's footsteps should be followed.

Keep on keepin' on.

Top Bottom