Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help for dbltree...

Prayers and thoughts for Paul and his family. I haven't ever met him, but am sure by all the comments on here that he is a very special, giving, and kind man, dedicated to his passion and fellow hunters and sportsmen.

It’s hard to express my thoughts and feelings after hearing this …. I have so much respect and appreciation for everything Paul does. Thoughts and Prayers sent along with a donation!

I've been struggling to find words that could adequately convey my feelings. I will only say this; in my opinion the most important gift one man can give another is their respect. Not that mine is worth much, but Paul, you and your family have my deep and abiding respect.

Paul, as somebody else has already written I can only hope to emulate the dignity, humility and Grace you are living your life with.

I've never met Paul but feel I know him. Just bought my own ground and I've studied his posts more than I did in high school and college combined. We owe him whatever we can do. It's so great to see IW members coming together for a great man. We could all learn something from what he has given us.

Hi, Paul!

I was saddened and shocked to hear the news. Even though we have not met, I feel I know you well after following your writings for years. Impossible? Not really. It is crystal clear you lie your life for God, family, the land and helping others. That is quite the legacy. This world needs more men like you to follow as an example because so many of us fall short. While working on our projects on our farms, Old Buck and I are always checking to see how Dbltree is doing it. Thank so much for everything you've done for us over the years. Prayers and donation sent. You have my utmost respect and admiration always.

Tracy Templeton
Blakesburg IA

Hi Paul. I can't find the words for quite awhile now. You have been in my thoughts. So many have found the words and wrote them very well. Many thanks for all you have done. And remember the whitetail thank you.

Folks - just want to say we are close to just absolutely blowing the totals away.... If you are still thinking about giving, now is the time.

This thread and the donate button will be there for a LONG time, so if you feel you can keep giving over the years, we'll keep passing it on to the family.

We are looking at getting a 501c3 set up possibly for the spring.

Thanks for all the help and I'll post the totals tomorrow after we present a check to the family Saturday (tomorrow, Dec. 14).

Thanks again - you are a huge blessing!

Just submitted my donation. At a time of giving during the holidays, this will be the most meaningful gift I will give. Have never met Paul in person, but in communicating with him, I have the utmost respect for who he is as a person and his willingness to share his passion with others. He does a lot to help others and this is the least I could do to give back and help him. Wish Paul and family all the best and couldn't feel better about helping the cause. Thanks to those who initiated this fundraiser.

Mike Grossman drove several hours to loan us this lift

EZlift

It's perfect and Lori can easily stand me up...God is truly amazing as are our many friends!

Again, thanks to each and everyone of you!

We aren't just friends, Iowawhitetail is your extended family. I have felt this way about the folks on this site for years.

Got to head down to see Paul and present him with a check from all of you........for $33,000!!!!!

And Magnus has GRACIOUSLY volunteered a matching challenge - any donation from now until Christmas, he will match up to $5,000.. If you do the math on that, we have a possibility of $43,000 before Christmas PLUS the auction this Tuesday night. Paul was humbled to tears and could only praise God for what you've all done.

THANK YOU!!!

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Last edited:
We were stunned by the generosity of many wonderful people, it is difficult to find words as "thank you" seems no where near enough. Lori has worried herself sick wondering how we would pay for the necessary equipment needed to allow her to care for me, but God has answered our prayers thru each of you making a sacrifice on our behalf.

My dear friend "Magnus" is just another example of giving and sacrifice that only brought more tears from Lori and I as we are humbled by such amazing friends. These are acts of kindness that are impossible to repay, but to each everyone of you, please accept our heartfelt thank you from the Knox family...God bless you friends!

Paul, I think I speak for everyone in saying that words cannot express how sorry and helpless we feel knowing what you ....our friend and mentor.... and your family have been going through. While none of it is fair or justified, we know that life happens and so do these kinds of mysterious misfortunes. We just want you to know how much we appreciate all you have done for many of us and so many others over the years. Whatever we are able to give back to you in your time of need, we feel fortunate to be able to help. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers every day. -Bob

Paul, I think I speak for everyone in saying that words cannot express how sorry and helpless we feel knowing what you ....our friend and mentor.... and your family have been going through. While none of it is fair or justified, we know that life happens and so do these kinds of mysterious misfortunes. We just want you to know how much we appreciate all you have done for many of us and so many others over the years. Whatever we are able to give back to you in your time of need, we feel fortunate to be able to help. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers every day. -Bob

Well said!

Amen Magnus!

I've done a ton of reading here in Paul's corner. Never felt the need to post until today.

Paul...God's peace passes all understanding and can keep our hearts and minds!

I'm sure there is nothing I can say on this post that hasn't already been said. So many of you can find all the right words and put them in writing so well. My prayers are with Paul and his family at this time. Without a doubt, this man is respected & loved by many.

Top Bottom