Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help for dbltree...

Some ALS awareness information...

30,000 people living with ALS right now

Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed
and
someone passes away

Average age at diagnosis is 55 (I was 56)

Because ALS causes most voluntary muscles to weaken, atrophy and eventually become paralyzed, it requires a host of equipment for caregivers to move and care for the PALS (person with ALS). Power wheel chair, ceiling lifts, eyegaze communication, remodeling and retrofitting homes, bathrooms etc.

In my case, when God takes me home my wife will donate any equipment purchased to the Iowa ALS Association so the equipment can help others, so donations made on our behalf will continue helping, years after I am gone.

Iowa ALS Association

ALS seems to be common in healthy people and more so among football players and vets returning from service.

Steve Gleason

O.J. Brigance

There are many drug/stem cell trials being conducted but most are a decade or more from approval

ALS Clinical Trials

I am on a protocol that has increased survival time but more work needs to be done to increase/lengthen survival.

Winning the Fight

Even one trial costs roughly $500,000 and unless there is profit potential (as with drugs) no one will contribute. One painless way to help is by using Smile Amazon rather then Amazon...same but smile amazon will make a donation with each purchase.

If you have a favorite charity already you can contribute in this way, if not enter Winning The Fight as your charity and smile amazon will make a donation with each purchase. Research won't help me but may help future PALS survive longer.

Thanks again each of you for prayers and donations...God bless you friends!

Paul,

Just wanted to add here that you are truly a great guy and to see this news saddens me. While I only had the pleasure of meeting you one time while I was still living in IA, I have always appreciated your posts and you taking the time to respond to my emails/PMs. Thanks again for taking the time to document all of your hard work in the field and share your wealth of knowledge with myself and the great people on this site, your legacy will live on and be passed on to future generations because of this. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks again buddy.

Kratz

Magnus had a $5000 challenge with any donations up until Christmas....we are only $15.00 away from that! Thanks for the kind donation Bob... :way:

Nice work everyone...and that was exclusive from the auction.

I have not been on the site for a few months, but was shocked just like everyone else to learn about Dbltree. As I sit here and read the posts and all the kind heartfelt words tonight about a man many of us have never had the opportunity to meet but have most certainly benefitted from, I can't help but break down. Being someone in the medical field, I know about ALS and how difficult it can be for those enduring the disease and the loved ones helping their family member and friend just get through each day. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Knox family and all those around Paul. God bless you this holiday season and may you find strength and companionship in friends, family, and the Lord. Thanks for all you have provided for myself and the many other members of OO and IW. Your work and love for the outdoors will live on forever in fields and woods across the country and we can all look at what we have done years down the road and think about you and smile! Take care and remain strong in Christ!

Luke 2:6-7

6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them

It's Christmas, a time of giving and receiving gifts often more about what we want then what we need and some gifts are impossible to return the favor like kind. God's gift to us is Jesus, a one time gift that keeps on giving...the gift many of us need most but to often don't ask for.

Your cards, letters, emails and gracious generosity are priceless gifts that I can never repay yet my family and I are so grateful for. While I can never repay God, I can serve Him by helping others as long as I am able.

While I get the credit on the forums, my son Jesse has planted more trees, NWSG, food plots, done more TSI and hinging then I...

Trapper Knox works long days doing what we used to do together and is also happy to answer questions jknox0623@gmail.com

God has blessed me with more years of memories and experiences then I deserve but I am thankful for each and every one

I'm content now to spend my final days in this beautiful place...

I am blessed to have so many wonderful friends and remain humbled by the outpouring of love from outdoors people who share my passion for habitat and wildlife. I am unable to hold a pen let alone write so I hope this message finds it's way to each of you who wrote me.

Have a happy and blessed Christmas and a joy filled 2014...

Paul, I am shocked and deeply saddened. My thoughts are with you and your family.

You have done so much for this forum over the years and I am certain far far more away from here. Your outlook on your situation is truly inspiring to all of us who may some days forget to "not sweat the small stuff".
Wishing you peace and happiness during this holiday season. You of all people are sure to find both.

Just logged onto IW after a long absence with intent to research what Dbltree would have to say about Black Honey Locust trees in whitetail habitat..... I'm shocked! I sit here with a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes and struggle to find the words. My thoughts and prayer to an amazing man and undoubtedly amazing family. Thank you for all the help you given me and selfless attitude you've shown toward everyone over the years.

Furthermore, what has been done for Dbltree is simply amazing! This is a modern day It's a Wonderful Life story.

Jan 23th, 2014

Got my new ride...

Still walking with walker but get tired late in day so PWC is a blessing, bluetooth, IR to run remotes and mouse to boot. Connecting PC to flat screen, enable on screen keyboard and sticky keys and I can type with hand versus fingers!

Rep thru in Mossy Oak camo, sweet :)

I thank God daily for each of you and your generosity thru which God has provided for our needs...

Looking good Paul! Here I was thinking that your new ride might be in John Deere green though. :D

Can you pull your grain drill with that?

Awesome! Good luck getting used to driving that baby! I'll give my kids rides on my grandpas and it's WAY to easy to run into stuff with those!

Glad to see that you got all decked out with the IR capabilities and could get it hooked into the computer. Truly awesome to see a community come together and help one of it's brothers in need.

Maybe we can get that ride dipped in some predator fall grey!!!!

I know it doesn't compare to the tractor but glad to see the smile and the new ride. Well done to these group of guys and thoughts & prayers thaf these tough times go as best they can for u and the fam. Ur making a lot bigger impact in a bigger way than anyone can understand.

Top Bottom