Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help for dbltree...

First time in many years I can't share a booth at the Iowa Deer Classic with my good friend Jim Mathias but my son Jesse will be there so stop and say hello.

IDC2013_zpsb58ba5fc.jpg

I tested positive for chronic Lyme disease and have started treatment only time will tell if this will have a positive impact on my health

lyme misdiagnosed

Paul, was chronic lyme misdiagnosed as ALS? If that's the case then that sounds like some positive information since it is possible to treat lyme. Praying for you! Stay tough.

Paul, was chronic lyme misdiagnosed as ALS? If that's the case then that sounds like some positive information since it is possible to treat lyme. Praying for you! Stay tough.

It's very possible but chronic Lyme is crippling and often requires years of antibiotics so no picnic either, still way better then ALS which there is definitive test for.

I continue to keep you in our prayers Paul. I know when my younger son was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, that was one of the first things that they checked for.

Wow, I have been away for quite sometime and just saw this thread. Paul, you are passionate if nothing for habitat it seems. When I come to this site it is usually looking into the DT Corner for tips on trees, food plots or herbicides. Reading his threads makes you want to be a better person. I have never met Paul, we traded a couple PMs years ago, but I am certain I could not meet a better person. Good luck with the situation, I have known people with ALS and I hope it is Lyme disease. Would enjoy meeting you, look me up if you ever need anything in my corner of our state. Take care Paul.

Is it so that paul was misdiagnosed with als and actually does have lyme's disease

He would have to type it out for you or you could talk to his wife - Lori. Long story is that Paul got a Lyme test early on - a syrum test (I believe) - and it came back negative. During his sickness, he developed a terrible bacterial infection called C-diff and ended up having to take other anti-biotics - which ended up making his joint pain, and other symptoms, go away for the most part. They all came back when he got off those drugs....

Fast forward through symptoms and pain coming back...losing ability to use hands and walk, even after the interview we did for OO....and he ends up getting a Western Blot test (which is a very definitive test for Lyme) and it comes back positive. The original syrum tests have false indications from time to time - it's not uncommon.

Back to the antibiotics - it turns out through more research that the antibiotics he was taking from the C-diff were very successful in treating chronic Lyme disease...crazy. That's why he was feeling better when on them.

U of I will not acknowledge that Paul has chronic Lyme because they don't believe it exists (to my knowledge). Paul took antibiotics to see if he could recover and ended up "herxing" (flu-like symptoms) from the antibiotics due to the endotoxins being released from the bacteria being broke open. It's tough for Paul to handle that sickness when there is no promise that he will improve. He is not taking antibiotics anymore....

ALS is tough to diagnose and you cannot fully prove someone even has it....there is no definitive test.

It makes it really tough for me to do the Ice-bucket challenge because who knows how many people like Paul have been diagnosed with ALS when they may not even have ALS. Look online - there are hundreds of stories like Paul's and others who were fortunate to catch it early and recover fully...and 2-3 on OO that came to our site to ask Paul to get tested...

Hope that answers your question.....

Good info Gladiator and you hit the nail on the head.Even when the western blot test is the best test we have at present it isn't 100% foolproof. And lyme disease is a general name for the tick diseases. There is also borreliosis and babesiosis.

God restored some strength in one finger so i'm thankful for that! I am thankful also for those donating to defeat ALS through the Ice Bucket Challenge

God restored some strength in one finger so i'm thankful for that! I am thankful also for those donating to defeat ALS through the Ice Bucket Challenge

My cousin nominated me for the ice bucket challenge last Thursday. I completed it Friday morning and nominated my daughter, who completed it after school Friday. We had a neighbor lady growing up who lost her battle with ALS and I mentioned both her and you in my video, Paul. We continue to keep you in our prayers.

Top Bottom