Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2168 Tresspassing

this bill passed out of the house yesterday and is eligible for senate debate. it has a different file number that I will post tonight when I'm on a real keyboard. or follow the link, you can find it that way.

Go start but you need to also stop people from entering land to retrieve dogs or game without permission.

As much as I dislike "real" trespassers, the wrinkle in the Iowa law that lets someone go onto other property, UNARMED and without permission, to retrieve game has a good upside too.

I can think of places/people that would be so hardcore that they would not grant permission to a neighboring hunter to retrieve a deer let's say, that was laying dead 15 feet over the fence line.

As much as I dislike "real" trespassers, the wrinkle in the Iowa law that lets someone go onto other property, UNARMED and without permission, to retrieve game has a good upside too. I can think of places/people that would be so hardcore that they would not grant permission to a neighboring hunter to retrieve a deer let's say, that was laying dead 15 feet over the fence line.

Daver

You will always have bad apples who will abuse the law, but I think it would be much less than what happens currently. If the landowners lets the animal lay in Indiana, they would be ticketed for wanton waste. The other option they are given is using one of their tags for the animal. DNR would not grant a salvage tag in these scenarios.

This bill has been assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee. It passed the House 95-2 with 3 absent. The list of groups (lobbyists) that have registered on the bill is quite interesting.

I believe the bill number is the same.

As gunrunr said in another thread this bill is still stuck in a Senate judiciary sub-committee. Senators Horn, Garrett and Sodders are the sub-committee.

Top Bottom