Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2316 Who can tag a deer

Fishbonker

Life Member
I'm not sure what this bill is trying to do. I've got some ideas what Rep. Hanson is after in the long run. He has been trying to stop outfitters from selling hunts based on doe tags and party hunting. Perhaps this is a step in that direction but the wording, in my opinion, isn't there.

HF 2316 (LSB 5868YH (5) 86)

HOUSE FILE 2316

BY HANSON

A BILL FOR

An Act relating to tagging requirements for deer hunting.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF IOWA:

Section 1. Section 483A.8, subsection 2, Code 2016, is amended to read as follows:
2. The deer hunting license shall be accompanied by a tag designed to be used only once. When a deer is taken, the deer shall be tagged and the tag shall be dated. The tag shall be attached to the carcass of a deer taken within fifteen minutes of the time the deer carcass is located after being taken, or before the carcass is moved to be transported by any means from the place where the deer was taken, whichever occurs first. For each antlered deer taken, the tag shall be affixed to the deer’s antlers. The commissioner shall provide by rules adopted pursuant to chapter 17A that a hunter who kills a deer must tag the deer by using the transportation tag issued in that person’s name. A person shall not tag a deer with a transportation tag issued to another person except as otherwise provided by rules relating to members of hunting parties, or with a tag that was purchased after the deer was taken.

EXPLANATION
The inclusion of this explanation does not constitute agreement with
the explanation’s substance by the members of the general assembly.
This bill relates to tagging requirements for deer hunting.
The bill requires the natural resource commission to adopt rules pursuant to Code chapter 17A requiring that the hunter who kills a deer must tag the deer by using the transportation tag issued in that person’s name. A person shall not tag a deer with a tag issued to another person except as otherwise provided by rules relating to members of hunting parties, or with a tag that was purchased after the deer was taken.

Top Bottom