Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 284 licensing guides/outfitters

Do you support HF 284 licensing guides/outfitters

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do I read this correctly that is you leas your land to someone then you have to register as an outfitter? I don't know that I care much either way, but I bet this would fire up some people.

Do I read this correctly that is you leas your land to someone then you have to register as an outfitter? I don't know that I care much either way, but I bet this would fire up some people.

That's what was going through my mind as I read it too. I fully support registering guides and outfitters but something needs to be written into this bill to exclude a landowner that does nothing more than leases their ground to a hunter if it wants general support. IMO

Have a lawyer write up something so that the hunter can hunt for free, but there is an annual fee for climbing fence or entering through gates. It's been done in other states.

Wasn't there a "slippery slope" argument about once guides and outfitters are legally recognized, the next thing will be outfitter tag quotas?

Wasn't there a "slippery slope" argument about once guides and outfitters are legally recognized, the next thing will be outfitter tag quotas?

In my opinion that is a valid concern. That slope can also lead to things like transferable land owner tags. Especially in the current political climate. I don't know the proper course of action.

The argument against licensing outfitters the last time around was that it would make them a legally recognized entity and thus they could band together and lobby for increased non-resident tags claiming that the current number was damaging to their business and wasn't fair. Would that argument work? Hard to say.
Transferable landowner tags was something I hadn't thought of but could also be lobbied for potentially. Lots of states have Landowner tags that can be purchased for very high dollars in lieu of drawing the tag you want.

^^^^ Yes just as gunrunr and JRNBRONC said. The last time this was going on the were screaming that they would want guaranteed tags.

Hunting as a non-resident in Wyoming, I could not go into BLM Wilderness areas unless I was guided. I was told by the locals that the outfitters lobbied to get that law passed. More potential clients for them. Guess where the elk were. :(

Guess where the elk were. :(

Here?

http://www.westpalmbeachelks.com/

upload_2017-2-12_15-28-46.jpeg

Top Bottom