Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 286 Motorcycle helmets

Do you support HF 286 helemt usage on motorcycles (you can choose more than 1)

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

• Don't put this crap in a hunting forum

Results are only viewable after voting.
To each their own. Where I went to school, MO required it and the one accident I had was there and glad I had one on. One big argument is that a helmet won't stop your death when going down at 60mph+...they most certainly can save your life. Even after that though, I rarely wore a helmet when not required by law. The experience of the open road makes it worth the risk, every time :)

Again with the question "Where's the edit button?" Big typo, not "who people feel" but "how people feel". I got a txt asking if I could see who votes and what their vote was I'm assuming because of that typo. No, I can't see who or how anyone votes, just the results same as everybody else.

I'm a strong believer in personal freedom. But I'm also a strong believer in taking the responsibility for that freedom. If any motorcycle rider chooses not to ride with a helmet they need to take the responsibility for that choice. By that I mean they need to have a bond that will guarantee payment of their medical/rehab/long term care expenses. I'm not talking about just insurance because if a helmetless motorcyclist crashes and gets their cauliflower cooked we all pay for their choice one away or another, through higher healthcare premiums, higher motorcycle insurance premiums or higher medicare/medicade/indigent care taxes.

I know, I'm kinda "out there" on this but it comes from a very long career in EMS/healthcare. It breaks my heart to see a family gathered around an ICU bed saying goodbye to loved one who was just "unplugged" and to ad to their burden is the tens, even hundreds of thousands in hospital and doctors bills they will get. All which may have been avoided by use of a helmet.

Be free, but be responsible.

I hope it passes. I never wore one till I got a sport bike. Although I got rid of my bike I'll wear one anytime I ride in the future. I had too many buddies who got in accidents going less than 35mph when someone pulled out in front of them. Without a helmet they would have probably died upon impact.

I rarely ride anymore, but when I do I'm wearing a helmet. That being said, I'm a personal choice guy, so I say leave it be.

Reactions: arm
Though I sold my last motorcycle in 1991, I have kept my license current at every renewal. While I wore a helmet after catching a large bug in an eye at 55 mph once, I'd rather it be a choice than a law.

I know of a research lab that relies heavily on "donorcycles" for their normal lung tissue cultures.

Though I sold my last motorcycle in 1991, I have kept my license current at every renewal. While I wore a helmet after catching a large bug in an eye at 55 mph once, I'd rather it be a choice than a law.

I know of a research lab that relies heavily on "donorcycles" for their normal lung tissue cultures.
I know a transplant surgeon that does the same thing

To each their own. Where I went to school, MO required it and the one accident I had was there and glad I had one on. One big argument is that a helmet won't stop your death when going down at 60mph+...they most certainly can save your life. Even after that though, I rarely wore a helmet when not required by law. The experience of the open road makes it worth the risk, every time :)

I wonder how they explain all the guys that race bikes and dump them at 100mph plus and living to see another day and most the time walking away. ( on the argument that the helmet wont stop your death going down at 60Mph.)

I agree with bonker on the personal choice but if you choose not to you should have to sign on the dotted line and have a bond to cover the expenses when your melon meet the pavement. I personally couldnt and wouldnt want to leave my family with the financial burden if i chose not to wear a helmet and bounced my melon of the pavement. The bills break a million in the blink of an eye. Insurance only pays so much
My in laws where in a horrible motorcycle accident and there medical bill both broke 1.5 mill each with all the surgeries, life flight, hospital stays, rehab etc. not to mention the years of recovery its been 2.5 years and they are still recovering and doing PT Rehab.

I wonder how they explain all the guys that race bikes and dump them at 100mph plus and living to see another day and most the time walking away. ( on the argument that the helmet wont stop your death going down at 60Mph.)
Idk. Maybe all the obstacles on a road that can kill you like a car pulling out and a motorcyclist slamming into it vs. a race track where you skid on the ground forever. Sure, if bonking your head was the only way to be terminally injured...everyone should wear a helmet.

Top Bottom