Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hf 327 & sf219

Why do resident landowners get to shoot extra deer with free landowner tags in Iowa.... same answer... they own land.....

Cedar, If you can't see the difference between NR landowners and NR hunters then I'm wasting my time responding. NR landowners have a much greater stake as landowners and wildlife managers. If you own land you know exactly what I mean. If you do not well you never will get it.

I travel to Iowa 5 times per year to make improvements and maintain my farm. And you want to compare me to a non-landowning NR who comes for 5 days, no land responsibilities, no money spent in maintenance, etc. Again, I give 2 residents a place to hunt every year. Does a NR with no land provide that?

Last edited:
If you can't see the difference between NR landowners and NR hunters then I'm wasting my time responding.
That's funny because I always thought reading your responses was a waste of my time:confused:

I travel to Iowa 5 times per year to make improvements and maintain my farm. And you want to compare me to a non-landowning NR who comes for 5 days, no land responsibilities, no money spent in maintenance, etc. Again, I give 2 residents a place to hunt every year. Does a NR with no land provide that?

What on earth would Iowa do without you? If it was not for you, who knows what condition the state would be in! I feel privileged to even be on the same forum as somebody with such importance. :rolleyes:

Hillrunner, read the entire thread to gain context. Cedarcreek asked why a NR landowner should get preference over a NR non-landowner. My response simply implies a NR landowner spends more time in Iowa than NR non-landowner, that's all. I could never contribute as much as an Iowan, I've been on this site long enough to know better.

Last edited:
I'm glad a few years ago IA cranked the tag price so high for us DIY NR's that it is now cheaper to go on an ELK hunt, because it appears I'd be having a ton more resident competition on state lands in the near future. Sad state of affairs in IA.

Cedar, If you can't see the difference between NR landowners and NR hunters then I'm wasting my time responding. NR landowners have a much greater stake as landowners and wildlife managers. If you own land you know exactly what I mean. If you do not well you never will get it.

I don't want to compare nrlo to nr's. To me you are all nr's. End of discussion. If you want to go by Pennsylvania, regulations. Don't hunt Sundays in Iowa. You nrlo's keep wanting to preach about all the money you are putting into the state. I say bulls##t. I have nrlo's around me. They don't even buy the seed for foodplots in Iowa! You don't like the regulations in Iowa; sell your measly 80 acres and be somebody in Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
80 acre NRLO tag

I have to admit this one is interesting. I have 80 acres, and would qualify as a NRLO under this bill. I think the price tag is too high. However, I did not know it was an all season tag.

My guess is that this bill will not pass.

Either way, I probably would not buy one every year. I really do not know what to think of this, seems to cater to wealthy out of staters. The guys that I know that own land in Iowa, are not big business owners, they are many that are moderate middle class.

I didnt get to go to the Classic due to previous obligations but I spent my evening
sending emails as a resident, constituent to the lawmakers I can or cannot vote for.

My coworkers,neighbors,friends,church fellowship followers,ect...will get an earful soon and they will be doing the same.
Please do the same if you are a resident hunter. Let the masses be heard.

YOU came to Iowa as a NON RESIDENT and bought land. YOUR Choice. Now YOU think the game should change to only YOUR benefit. I just do not know why YOU can't see this as self centered and self serving. YOU do have a lowest common denominator attitude. That is a large part of YOUR failing in my opinion.

Secondly I have responded here with a reaction to information I was given from what I thought was a reliable source. If in the end I owe the NRA an apology I will give it. If this originated from someone in their employment without authorization they can apologize to us.

Last edited:
Did you know the Lovstuen Buck, the current world record scoring 308", was harvested on a 80 acre parcel? I think you need anger management classes.
Now you're going to give me an education on Iowa? You want to feel so darn important as a nr who owns 80 acres; maybe. How many acres of that parcel do you farm? How much food are you producing for either people or livestock? What was your last big managing decision with the land you own in Iowa? What week you were going to come to Iowa? How much property taxes do you pay the state of Iowa each year? Tell me how you're spending more money in Iowa opposed to the nr hunter. I would be very interested in these facts.

Hillrunner, read the entire thread to gain context. Cedarcreek asked why a NR landowner should get preference over a NR non-landowner. My response simply implies a NR landowner spends more time in Iowa than NR non-landowner, that's all. I could never contribute as much as an Iowan, I've been on this site long enough to know better.

DA! again YOU choose. YOU are an NR who decided he wanted to own land away from home because YOU could. That is as far as YOUR privilege status can get YOU. YOU must realize how shallow YOU appear to this forum. I personally support your right to buy here and enjoy what you do here. With this issue aside I fully believe I would enjoy who you are Jdubs.

Last edited:
Emails Sent

Captain has 8, I just finished up with 5, that's 13. Anyone care to set the o/u on how many IW.com members can generate today?

Captain has 8, I just finished up with 5, that's 13. Anyone care to set the o/u on how many IW.com members can generate today?

Great, and thanks! Way ahead of me. I have sent one email to my Senator who is on the committee, and his failure to respond has me concerned.

Randy did a great job as summing up the talking points. I am watching and hoping to get the chance to meet my reps one on one since face to face should go farther than a simple email.

As much as the resident hunters should be concerned with this, so should the NR non landowners. This one is very bad for them unless it motivates them to purchase Iowa land.

Displaces other non resident hunters. Actually has the potential to replace 100% of them.

Give privileges to NR landowners that even resident landowners do not have. One tag good for all seasons? WOW!

Unconstitutional.

Guys, attack away. Your anti NR rhetoric doesn't phase me. I could care less if anything changes. If it does, it does, if it doesn't, oh well. See you in December either way, at 1/3 the suggested price in the legislation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom