Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hf 327 & sf219

Cedar, first for whatever it's worth I own more than 80 acres in Iowa. Secondly, PA hunters don't actively try to change the Sunday hunting reg. Nobody cares. We have heard rumors over the years the PA Game Commission talked of changing the rule, but have not. For whatever reason there's not enough interest in changing the law.
You forgot to address who you "stole" your farm from when you bought it years ago.

Cedar, first for whatever it's worth I own more than 80 acres in Iowa. Secondly, PA hunters don't actively try to change the Sunday hunting reg. Nobody cares. We have heard rumors over the years the PA Game Commission talked of changing the rule, but have not. For whatever reason there's not enough interest in changing the law.
You forgot to address who you "stole" your farm from when you bought it years ago.
Maybe you need a Friends Of PA to lobby for you, i really can't think of anybody from out of the state of PA who would want to own land in PA. The "nobody cares" statement speaks volumes. It just so happens many residents do care in Iowa, but then again we haven't yet sold our resources down the river. You would think somebody like you who comes from a state with deminished resources would understand that.

It is interesting that I keep hearing this mentality that says " It was that way when you bought your property and that's the way it should always be" I remember when I bought my property there was a NR archery "doe only" season.... Some NRs were abusing this so the DNR eliminated it..... So I guess my point is that things will always change and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose... but asking to change something doesn't make you bad or wrong....

How can anyone act as if they can't see how detrimental this would be to the state? If is not intentionally self serving, it is blind desire.

Last edited:
Ironwood: I am pretty sure that you called and e-mailed me when I was looking into buying a farm in Iowa. Why would you come on a site and bash NR continually, then expect them to do business with you.

The realtor that I bought the farm through was extremely supportive of R and NR hunters, and has become what I would call a friend. He has been very helpful.

You want us to buy farms so you can make $$, but then you come on here and bash NRLO's...not sure that is a good business strategy??

I have never bashed a NR. I am bashing narrow minded thinking that would be the ruin of what Iowa has. I support and hunt with NRs. My only business strategy is to have a servants attitude toward my work. If I had a love of money and no morals I would stand by any stupid idea that appeared to mean some cash to me. In truth I don’t even have a dog in this fight because I will always just hunt my small private property. The things I state here I truly believe to be fact. My only desire is to serve Iowa in this process. If I harm myself and serve properly am I a fool? Are you only think of yourself or do you have a noble purpose?

Thanks for buying with me, oh wait, you didn't. :D

Ironwood

I have never bashed a NR. I am bashing narrow minded thinking that would be the ruin of what Iowa has. I support and hunt with NRs. My only business strategy is to have a servants attitude toward my work. If I had a love of money and no morals I would stand by any stupid idea that appeared to mean some cash to me. In truth I don’t even have a dog in this fight because I will always just hunt my small private property. The things I state here I truly believe to be fact. My only desire is to serve Iowa in this process. If I harm myself and serve properly am I a fool? Are you only think of yourself or do you have a noble purpose?

Thanks for buying with me, oh wait, you didn't. :D

I am in the same business as you...I sell MN lakeshore to local buyers and some out of state buyers. It is just reality. My point is, I cannot change that, they (NR) can buy lakeshore in MN just as we can. It is one nation under God, and you nor I can control that. No hard feelings either way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong morally with selling land to NR...I am just saying that I wouldn't go online and support limiting NR access than try to sell them a parcel of land, but hey if that is your belief, who am I to judge? You probably are doing just fine with your business, again no hard feelings.

Also, I have never made one call or written one letter to anyone in Iowa regarding this matter, I just think I should be able to hunt my own land (my personal opinion) more than every 3 years, but I am not actively trying to change any rules (no noble purpose)....

Just because a bunch of guys on iowawhitetail do not want more NR tags, doesn't mean everyone in Iowa agrees with you.
Hardwood,
I think a majority of the residents in Iowa are against it.
Unfortunately most of the residents do not even know this legislation
is being proposed. Hopefully they wake up before it is to late.

Hardwood11 said:
I am in the same business as you...I sell MN lakeshore to local buyers and some out of state buyers. It is just reality. My point is, I cannot change that, they (NR) can buy lakeshore in MN just as we can. It is one nation under God, and you nor I can control that. No hard feelings either way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong morally with selling land to NR...I am just saying that I wouldn't go online and support limiting NR access than try to sell them a parcel of land, but hey if that is your belief, who am I to judge? You probably are doing just fine with your business, again no hard feelings.

Also, I have never made one call or written one letter to anyone in Iowa regarding this matter, I just think I should be able to hunt my own la. nd (my personal opinion) more than every 3 years, but I am not actively trying to change any rules (no noble purpose)....

One simple question? What makes me a "NR basher"? That is the hard feelings line right there. Legislation like this that would be so detrimental to a whole state, my only concern. Total crap! All of my NR family and friends get it. I struggle with the mindset of those who claim they don't .

This mobile app. is cool!

Last edited:
One simple question? What makes me a "NR basher"? That is the hard feelings line right there. Legislation like this that would be so detrimental to a whole state, my only concern. Total crap! All of my NR family and friends get it. I struggle with the mind set of those who chain they don't

This mobile app. is cool!

Well, you were hard on Jdubs, maybe not a basher, but close. You have every right to stop this legislation that you feel will hurt hunting in Iowa. I stuggle with the mind set of (NRLO-1 tag in 3 years...and R landowner 3 tags in one year)...There is a good discussion on QDMA on this exact issue and there are some very good points both ways.

Hardwood11,
What are the hunting and fishing regulations for a nonresident landowner in Minnesota? Can i buy a parcel of land on a lake up there, and fish and hunt as a resident landowner?

Hardwood11,
What are the hunting and fishing regulations for a nonresident landowner in Minnesota? Can i buy a parcel of land on a lake up there, and fish and hunt as a resident landowner?

You might have to sell your farm to afford an acre lot on a lake up there. Prime example of what out of state money will do to realestate prices.

MN

Hardwood11,

Yes you can hunt or fish as a NR landowner...the limits are the same for Resident and NR.

License fees in MN for NR (all over the counter).

Deer (firearm)-$141 Limit:eek:ne buck for all seasons
Deer (archery)-$140
Bonus doe tags-$0-$33 depending on location
Youth tag-$14

Fishing-$39.50 per individual for the entire season or $52.50 for the entire family for the entire season.

I know some good spots if you want to come up and catch some walleyes!

Packers

Who would want to waste their time on baitfish?
:grin:
like catching a wet sock.....
:drink2:

You Packer Fans:D...is it just me or did every Packer fan buy a hat and shirt and wears it 24 hrs. We went to Mexico and the resort was full of Packer Fans. I cannot escape them.:D

Who would want to waste their time on baitfish?
:grin:
like catching a wet sock.....

8 lb walleye = 15 lb pike in terms of strength and fight in my neck of the woods. I prefer the 15 lber b/c it's bigger but have never felt like fighting a big eye on smaller spinning tackle was less fun than any fish I ever hook up with.

PETA must be very proud of some so called hunters working so hard to keep other hunters from hunting their own land. A proud day indeed!

PETA must be very proud of some so called hunters working so hard to keep other hunters from hunting their own land. A proud day indeed!

It is very sad what some hunter would do to a whole state if given their way. Good point 180bc.

I heard back today from a few of my emails that I sent over the weekend.
Here is the latest and its from the Legislator from my district in the House.

Thanks for writing me.Nice to hear from you again.
I just checked with the sponsor of the bill. Here is what I learned; there was a sub-committee meeting this morning and it appears the HF will not be debated this session. However, it was agreed that the groups on both sides of the issue will work over the interim to forge some type of compromise that could be considered next session.

Roger

Roger Thomas
STATE REPRESENTATIVE
Statehouse
Des Moines, IA 50319

The compromize should be lower priced NR tags. Keep people at all levels interested in coming to Iowa and maybe bring there kids. They would if they could afford it. IMO

There already is a compromise, they can enter the lotto and get a tag when they draw. Those are the rules and if you don't like them you have a choice not to play, either by moving here or going somewhere else. Its a shame a small few are willing to ruin it for so many.

Top Bottom