Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF716/necked cartridge update

That is why it is very important to keep this a natural resource issue, not a gun issue. A vote against HF716 is not a vote against guns. It is a vote FOR conservation. That needs to be the narrative.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I urged on the lack of access and safety potential therefore having the exact opposite effect they are claiming this is for. I didnt want to go the conservation/deer herd route and make a point for FB.

I urged on the lack of access and safety potential therefore having the exact opposite effect they are claiming this is for. I didnt want to go the conservation/deer herd route and make a point for FB.
Access is also a very valid point. Well done.

That is why it is very important to keep this a natural resource issue, not a gun issue. A vote against HF716 is not a vote against guns. It is a vote FOR conservation. That needs to be the narrative.

I agree and I have tried to do that. The problem is, and it pains me to say it, Republicans seem to care less and less about conservation. They are now getting pounded by the other side with emails full of phrases like government over reach and 2A freedoms.

I also emphasized my concerns about safety. I live in what I would describe as a semi rural area. There are many small subdivisions with a lot of woods around that get hunted every fall. I honestly would not feel very comfortable knowing the guys that are out there pushing that ground had high powers in their hands. We all have heard stories about slugs ending up where they don't belong. It stands to reason increasing range will increase the chances of having bullets falling where they don't belong.

• Deleted by mplane72
  • Reason: double post
Show…
I agree and I have tried to do that. The problem is, and it pains me to say it, Republicans seem to care less and less about conservation. They are now getting pounded by the other side with emails full of phrases like government over reach and 2A freedoms.

I also emphasized my concerns about safety. I live in what I would describe as a semi rural area. There are many small subdivisions with a lot of woods around that get hunted every fall. I honestly would not feel very comfortable knowing the guys that are out there pushing that ground had high powers in their hands. We all have heard stories about slugs ending up where they don't belong. It stands to reason increasing range will increase the chances of having bullets falling where they don't belong.

Not sure if I ever posted this here or not! If I have forgive me.

Slug 350 yards away BAM through the garage wall!! Everyone was home but me!

c4e9a1b6afaa2234ce6fc03865c3eac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bill has much more to do with conservation, deer herd( age structure)

The kicker of this bill IS safely and if it passes blood will be on the hands of each legislator that votes yes...... but the sponsors really don’t give a damn about safety!!!!!
Time for a edit these are all great points but include safety in your emails cause rural Iowa will be a enter at your own risk area

Last edited:
Emails sent. This whole thing drives me nuts. I'm a huge 2A guy and am disappointed that the gun groups (I would consider myself in this camp) are pushing this to allow them to use their HPRs at the expense of our deer herd and conservation efforts.

Received another email response a few minutes ago from Senator Tim Kapucian. He said his understanding is that the bill is not going to advance. Sounds hopeful, but I'm skeptical until I see the vote.

Emails sent. This whole thing drives me nuts. I'm a huge 2A guy and am disappointed that the gun groups (I would consider myself in this camp) are pushing this to allow them to use their HPRs at the expense of our deer herd and conservation efforts.
I have not met another 'gun guy' that also hunts that doesn't have this same thought process (including myself)....beginning to think we are the silent majority. I feel/wish a conservative leaning state or Trump would enact some major conservation driven laws since that would sway a lot of environmental leaning non conservatives and conservatives like me to feel more confident with their vote casting it their way. So many candidates are judged 'binary'...if they get an A from the NRA, they get F's from environmental movements and vice versa. I think many people think we can do both and would be better off doing both.

I have not met another 'gun guy' that also hunts that doesn't have this same thought process (including myself)....beginning to think we are the silent majority. I feel/wish a conservative leaning state or Trump would enact some major conservation driven laws since that would sway a lot of environmental leaning non conservatives and conservatives like me to feel more confident with their vote casting it their way. So many candidates are judged 'binary'...if they get an A from the NRA, they get F's from environmental movements and vice versa. I think many people think we can do both and would be better off doing both.
Could not agree more. We seem to have thrown common sense out the door when it comes to this kind of thing. One team likes one thing and the other team likes the opposite. No compromise based on common sense. I'm pretty conservative, yet consider myself a conservationist based on common sense.

Trump signed one of the largest conservation laws in decades just a few weeks ago.... it went without much publicity.

I believe part of it was public access to hunting and recreation grounds.

• Added 1.3 million acres of new wilderness
  • Permanently reauthorized the Land and Water Conservation Fund (supports conservation and outdoor recreation projects nationwide)
  • Designated more than 350 miles of river as wild and scenic
  • Created nearly 700,000 acres of new recreation and conservation areas
  • Withdrew 370,000 acres in Montana and Washington state from mineral development

• Permanently reauthorized the Land and Water Conservation Fund (supports conservation and outdoor recreation projects nationwide)
  • Withdrew 370,000 acres in Montana and Washington state from mineral development

NICE! I knew it was big, I got an email on it a few days ago but I just looked at the headline.

I followed that bill closely. Yes, he signed it, it was a huge bill and a major accomplishment to finally get it through but it should have, and could have, been done some time ago. It did have overwhelming support but if you look up the votes in the House and Senate every NO vote has a R behind their name.

Question for all. I don't do Facebook but was curious if there has been anything put out by any of the many TV personalities that Iowa has on any of these bills? I think a huge part of the national public land bill that was passed was guys like Newberg, Rinella, Ryan Callaghan, and pretty much every other western public land hunter standing up and telling anyone who would listen about it and what their thoughts on it were. I don't watch much hunting on TV anymore but have the Drurys, Lakoskys, Kiskys, Winke, or anyone else brought any attention to any of these bills? The only piece I've caught was a The Hunting Public podcast about the public land Bill's in our state and the negative effects they would have.

Question for all. I don't do Facebook but was curious if there has been anything put out by any of the many TV personalities that Iowa has on any of these bills? I think a huge part of the national public land bill that was passed was guys like Newberg, Rinella, Ryan Callaghan, and pretty much every other western public land hunter standing up and telling anyone who would listen about it and what their thoughts on it were. I don't watch much hunting on TV anymore but have the Drurys, Lakoskys, Kiskys, Winke, or anyone else brought any attention to any of these bills? The only piece I've caught was a The Hunting Public podcast about the public land Bill's in our state and the negative effects they would have.

I haven't seen any of them say jack. O dont think High powers wouldn't affect them in any way with as much ground as they have locked up.

I haven't seen any of them say jack. O dont think High powers wouldn't affect them in any way with as much ground as they have locked up.
I agree to an extent but it sure would be nice to them stand up for some of this stuff. I know MW has some guys who took over the public land series. No more public land isnt good for them or anyone else. If more rifles get approved there will eventually be a push for rifles in the rut. These guys can own a lot of ground but when the bucks are cruising and guys have a rifle in their hands they stand to lose many more of their target bucks and bucks they want to mature.

Search Drury and 350 Legend on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I've seen those videos and heard them singing the praises on a podcast about it. I'm sure they don't want to piss off Winchester by standing up for common sense. Also don't want to hear any of them crying in the future about a neighbor shooting "their" big buck with any of these new weapons.

Top Bottom