Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hog Hunting

eiowaarcher

I will be heading to Texas in February for my first ever hog hunt. I will take my bow as a primary weapon but will also bring a rifle for back up. My current bow setup is BowTech Reign 7 set at 65lbs and 28.5” draw. I’m shooting Easton Hexx 330. 6mm shaft and 7.9gpi. My broadheads are Wasp Jak Hammer (expandable) 100g 1 1/4” cut. I will definitely be switching to fixed blade head for this hunt but also wondering about heavier arrows. Any heads or arrow recommendations would be much appreciated. Any tips in general would welcome actually. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the south Texas hog hunt once...while it was fun, I actually had much more fun stalking jackrabbits and peccaries with my bow in hand than I did waiting for a hog to show up to the corn(bait). Have fun!

No need to change anything that set up will work fine. Just remember the vitals sit lower and tighter to shoulder. On a bigger pig try to get them with the leg forward before you shoot. Be ready for your shot and take it at your first chance as pigs don’t stand still. Have fun!

Top Bottom