Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Home Improvement #1

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
So I kind of bought a Fix-r-upper in the past few weeks. Since I am tagged out I am slaving away. So here is one project I need help on.

This is one of the showers it used to have a thick glass window to the outside, but when the sided they just covered it up and pulled the window. This is how it sits today.

I dont really want to put a drop in unit here, because it is a small shower already. What would you do here??? Also any tricks to cleaning up that nasty grout?

2011-11-09_18-49-16_294.jpg

2011-11-09_18-50-23_142.jpg

What all are you wanting to do? New tile surround? You can cut the grout out and regrout it. But if you want a whole new surround i would re-tile it. But it all depends on what you want to spend.

gundog870 said:
So I kind of bought a Fix-r-upper in the past few weeks. Since I am tagged out I am slaving away. So here is one project I need help on.

This is one of the showers it used to have a thick glass window to the outside, but when the sided they just covered it up and pulled the window. This is how it sits today.

I dont really want to put a drop in unit here, because it is a small shower already. What would you do here??? Also any tricks to cleaning up that nasty grout?

Ya I put tile in for a living if your not far from me I could tile it for u.

You get away from Eldora? I had a ceramic faced block shower in a house I used to live in and loved it. Easy to clean, sturdy, wont have to mess with it in the future.

I did, I got moved with work. I am in Ames now. I would like to work with what is there and sort of patch it. Its not so much of a cost issue as it is an issue of me not wanting to rip the whole thing out.

Yeah you can patch the hole with some durock and put white tile back in. I'm in Des Moines and I have a ton of white 4x4 laying around. Let me know if you need some.

U could get like a waterproof panel like the have for like lockers and stuff and just use an adhesive on the framing behind it and just caulk it real good!!

Top Bottom