Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Homebrew build 101

Thanks Dbl. for the info.
waytogo.gif

Did you have any problems getting the frensal centered? Also do you see any significant benefits using the flash enhancer lense?

Should not take me to long to finish up.
All I have to do is the hack and I should be in business
Right before the season is to start.
grin.gif

Second P41 is on the way and should get it by the end of the week.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have any problems getting the frensal centered? Also do you see any significant benefits using the flash enhancer lense?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect some of mine are not perfect but they all work pretty decent at reasonable ranges. I just "eyeballed" them to center which worked for me.

I wouldn't worry about the flash enhancers...it was just an option I figured I would take advantage of. Pretty hard to say unless one changes lenses on the same camera to test it.

We'll be anxiously awaiting your first pics...
cool.gif

Re the fresnel lens question:

You will want to be as close as possible or you may see a drop in detection distance. You don't necessarily want the fresnel perfectly centered in the hole you drilled in the case but rather the focal point of the fresnel should line up with the center of the board's PIR sensor. I use a plumb bob to check and adjust the fresnel lens before application. Others have suggested lasers, strands of thread placed over the hole in a "crosshairs" pattern etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have any problems getting the frensal centered?

[/ QUOTE ]

I built a template for the fresnel lens. I drilled the exact same holes as the board in a hard piece of plastic. I then attached the template to the board w/ the screws and small spacers to keep it from moving. I then eyeballed the exact center of the sensor and put a black marker dot where the center was.

I then would attach that plastic piece to the case w/ the screws and put the fresnel perfectly centered w/ the template dot.

It takes a little time to make the template but it is well worth it to get the sensor centered catching everything that comes by.

Thanks guys for the info.
For a template I was going to do the same thing TallTines did and cut a piece of plastic and line things up.

I assume in the templates that are on Hags that the center dot is where the fresnel should be lined up with?

Thanks again guys I need to get this one done and hanging.

Okay guys I am about there.

I tested the camera and it works perfectly. Just need to solder them to the BG board.

One question.
When I did the initial solder to the female connector to the shutter assemble I did it just as shown.

Black to C
Red to P
White to S

Now on the final to the BG-2 it shows
Power - Black
Common - Red
Shutter connection - White

Are the black and red backwards based on the what I did per the schematic?
I am not electronic literate but does P on the shutter assembly mean power and C means common?
If so do I need to switch them around?
Or just do it as shown?

Another question where do the wires on the battery connector go to on the (red and black wire)BG-2 board?
Thanks guys

Figured out the battery question.
That was a real dumb question. I did not look at it close enough. Sorry.
crazy.gif

Now when the black wire touches the red or white should the camera power up?
Mine does. Did I screw something up?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Does anyone have an extra shutter assembly that I can buy from them.
I had one that had a broken lead.
Thanks in advance.

Finally done.
Can anyone give me a quick run down on what I need the camera on. Also the BG board.
Should it flash all the time?
Thanks in advance.

Well here is my first homebrew.
It is the spitting image of Dbl. Trees. I will be setting it up today.
First one took some time but the second one will go a lot quicker.
I can't wait to see my first pictures.
Thanks for all the help.

1946Deer_Folder_8-07_093-med.jpg

1946Deer_Folder_8-07_094-med.jpg

Top Bottom