Hot Deals Thread!

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Central Iowa, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

Obsessed likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. ArrowSlinger

ArrowSlinger New Member

Anyone have one of these or shot one? Seems half price of what normal ones are selling for?

4. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

I have no 1st hand experience with their 450s yet... A buddy of mine ordered an 18" upper and I bought a 16" barrel to swap out a .50 beowulf jamomatic barrel so hopefully be able to give you a better answer soon. No idea about durability but they do have a 1moa accuracy @100yds guarantee so that's a plus

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Active Member

If I were in the market for one, I'd jump all over this deal.

6. Reit38

Reit38 Member

Wouldnt mind also picking up an upper in .224val... been really wanting to jump on the bandwagon

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

7. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

I'd hold off on the .224/Valkyrie or spend good money on a quality upper if you do. After hearing all the hype, my brother purchased a Radical Arms, SS upper in .224 and his groups were all over at 100 yards. Didn't matter what ammo he shot, it wouldn't group for squat, he's an ex Army sniper so it's not for lack skill. He ended up selling it and going with a 6.8 spc instead. Possible he just had a bad one, or Radical Arms is junk, but I've heard either great things or awful about the Valkyrie round.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reit38 likes this.
  8. Reit38

Reit38 Member

I've heard it was hit or miss on early barrels. Not sure how they are now

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

meyeri likes this.
  9. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

Pretty good deal, I'd definitely get the upper with the mid length gas system. Less pressure, less gunk buildup, plus the felt recoil will be reduced a bit. There is a pretty crazy difference in pressures/felt recoil on a pistol, carbine, mid and rifle length gas system so it would probably be worth it when shooting the .450 Bushmaster round.

10. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

Id recommend against getting any Radical Firearms uppers, not just the .224... Ive had a few and theyre very hit and miss in any caliber. Ive got a 20" 450 of theirs that will shoot sub moa groups at 100yds with just a 2-7x scope, and a 8.5" .300BLK thatll do the same with a 1-6x scope but Ive also got a 12.7x42 "50 beowulf" that absolutely will not cycle the 2nd round... It will load the 1st one out of the mag 80% of the time and will eject it but absolutely will not chamber the next round and Ive tried EVERYTHING from new bolt, new BCG, different mags and ammo, different buffers and springs, polishing feed ramp and anything else you can think of to make it work that what I ordered the 16" 450 barrel from Bear Creek for to swap out the 50 jamomatic and get some use out of it. Ive heard A LOT of other bad things about Radical from other people as well.

meyeri likes this.
  11. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

Good to know; Radical firearms aren't so rad. My first AR was a jamomatic and it was a, "slap the forward assist every 3 rounds type of rifle". Not fun! I didn't know a thing about AR's then, otherwise there's no way I woulda bought it. Bought a new stripped upper receiver and gas block at Brownells and now it runs like a champ.