Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Old?

mzldr4life

Looking like a very promising young deer, I am thinking 2.5 year old. What are you guys thinking?

Attachments

• age2.jpg
    age2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 317
  • age.jpg
    age.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 307
Suspect that a post rut, mid-late winter body makes him look less mature than he actually is. Antler configuration and mass carried throughout his frame makes me think he's at least one year past 2 1/2, maybe more (unless he lives in a high fence ). As always, I reserve the right to be proven wrong.

I'd guess 3 1/2, but if he is 2 1/2 then he's a stud. It's hard to tell this time of year when they're worn down.

Def Not 2.5. Chest ties in way too low. At least 3.5. Maybe 4.5. Maybe. Second pic looks like he is standing downhill which can be deceiving.

I was thinking along the lines of what iowabowhunter is saying. His neck goes awful deep to be a 2 year old. Id guess 3 at a minimum and likely 4, just skinny. For your sake i hope im wrong.

Yeah I tend to agree with everyone's comments now, that he is older than what I first thought. These are recent photos from the last week.

Top Bottom