Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Old???

I agree that he's young. I'm leaning towards 2.5, but he may be older. If he is only 2, holy smokes he's got some huge potential! Also, if he is only 2, his rack may look a little bigger due to the size of his body. 2 year olds are generally pretty small still. Just something to consider.

What makes you guys think he's young, just curious? Big sway belly, that angle is deceiving but he appears to have some size. He's got fantastic mass, which from my experience isn't something 2.5 year old deer posses, he's got a fairly saggy brisquit. IMO he's mature. Just has that smaller summer time body frame, id bet by October he's looking older. Just my opinion, but he's get an arrow every day of season.

What makes you guys think he's young, just curious? Big sway belly, that angle is deceiving but he appears to have some size. He's got fantastic mass, which from my experience isn't something 2.5 year old deer posses, he's got a fairly saggy brisquit. IMO he's mature. Just has that smaller summer time body frame, id bet by October he's looking older. Just my opinion, but he's get an arrow every day of season.

I see it the same way ^^. I have seen very few immature bucks with brow tines like that. I think his "summer neck" might be throwing you off some. I would say he is at least 4 and perhaps older than that.

I see a small body, long legs, and a small neck that doesn't meet his body very far down his chest line. I agree that mass usually comes with age, but there is the occasional freak. I'd like to see some good side shots here in about a month and see what he looks like. I could very well be wrong.

I agree with Booner, 3.5 plus. Slim summer body and plus the angle that makes his back half look smaller takes some age off. My bet is 3.5 or older.

there is def a difference in what he looks now to what the body will look like in 1.5-2 months from now. but from these 2 pics- ill stick with my 3.5 age guess. I have had young deer with oddly good mass and brows at a young age before- try to not even look at antlers when im personally trying to guess age. not saying my way is accurate by any means---- interested to see more pics- good luck either way

I agree with Booner, 3.5 plus. Slim summer body and plus the angle that makes his back half look smaller takes some age off. My bet is 3.5 or older.

What he said. ☝️I think the camera angle makes this a tough call, but almost certainly 3.5 +.

He could be a freak of nature but with mass like that, i would say 3.5 - 4.5. Doesn't quite have the short snout and really short legs of an older deer but i see enough to say he isn't 2.5

No way he's 2.5 , he's solid deer I say 4.5 , anyways I hope you get him if that's your choice...

There is 0% chance he is 2.5 years old and I will say that with absolute confidence. I would say 3.5 just looking at the body but it's not an angle to make an accurate call

Top Bottom