Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How sharp is your knife?

Shovelbuck

One of the tests required to get accepted into the Knife Makers Guild is cutting a 1 inch free hanging rope with one of your own knives. It has always amazed me to see it done. This is a good friend of mine doing it.

rope cutting

This is the same guy that makes the damascus broadheads.

arrow_tips_throw_knife_002.jpg

Yikes! That's almost scarey! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Pretty neat stuff Jay! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

holy crap. i started watching those other knife test videos on youtube - i have never seen a knife do those things. i need to get my knife sharpened by that guy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention.................the knife must first hack through a 2X4 then cut the rope! </div></div>

You can't be serious, a 2x4 of wood?

Yes Muddy, serious. After that, they take your finely made knife, put it in a vise, and bend it until it breaks. I can't remember how far it must bend before breaking.
I've known several great knife makers that didn't join the guild simply because they wouldn't allow there knives to be destroyed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes Muddy, serious. After that, they take your finely made knife, put it in a vise, and bend it until it breaks. I can't remember how far it must bend before breaking.
I've known several great knife makers that didn't join the guild simply because they wouldn't allow there knives to be destroyed. </div></div>

guilds are stupid IMO then!

interesting info tho!

Top Bottom