Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Howdy! (From a newbie)

N

NateW

Just wanted to say "HI" to everyone. Boy, am I glad to find this place. All other boards out there seem to deal with TX or the South. Not much of interest there! So I was glad I tripped across this place and I plan to make many more vists in the months to come. So...let me introduce myself.

Hunter since age 14--which was the youngest you could legally hunt in Minnesota by yourself. I'm a first generation, semi self-taught hunter and started bow hunting six years ago. Moved to Iowa in '89 and I plan on staying for a while. (My native Iowa wife has a say in that!)

Oh yes, I dropped a nice nine-pointer last October with my bow! That's enough about me, who else do we have here?

Welcome Nate

I am new here too. From a suburb of Des Moines. I too took a nice 9 pointer in November, scored 149 3/8. Not sure how to post a pic.

Welcome,

We appreciate you visiting Iowa Whitetail, and really want to say "thanks" for posting a message in the Conference.

Here is a message we posted sometime back on posting pics...

Just a friendly reminder for sending photo's...
To speed things up try using the Upload Pics function. Remember "no spaces" between the saved address will help, save your photo's as JPEGS.

If you prefer to send them via e-mail, save them as a JPEG on your desktop, then drag it over to your e-mail.

Or send them in via Snail Mail, address is on the Contact Us page.
END MESSAGE

Now this doesn't put them in the Conference, basically you need to have a URL to do that, members like Northern Whitetail that have there own site can post pics in the Conference pretty easy. What most readers do is just use the UPLOAD PICS function or e-mail us the pic and we put it in the Conference for them.

Anyway, thanks again to the both of you as well as everyone else who visits!

deericon.jpg

Iowa Whitetail

PS, here is a link if you would like to read more about posting pics,PostingHelp

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 02-06-2001).]

Welcome NateW. You have found a great forum.

Randy Willey (DC)

Welcome aboard Nate! Your profile did'nt give your location. You could find someone closer than you may imagine. Lets see that pic! My 99 and 2000 bucks are in the photo gallerys. I'm going up to Minnesota in the early fall to hunt bear. Where did you live in Minnesota?

I grew up just outside of Brainerd, Minnesota--around a lot of walleyes and grouse. The deer up there have big bodies, but very unimpressive racks, and northern Minnesota venison tastes like pine needles!

I moved to Independence in 1993 and hunt in Buchanan, Benton and Fayette County. Once and a while I hit Allamakee county for a turkey & trout weekend.

As for the deer, HS posted one of my photos on their website. Here's the link: http://www.hunterspec.com/prostaff/stories.asp?S=212

He's not overly impressive, he was missing a G3 on the left side, but he was heavy and tall. Most of my satisfaction comes from successfully hunting a relatively small piece of property which is surrounded by open fields. Now I just have to find thebuck that broke this deer's G3!

Let's try this:
viewsuccessimage.jpg

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 02-07-2001).]

Welcome Nate, I think you will find a good group here. Tony & Staff have done a great job with this site.

Top Bottom