Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter found dead ruled Homicide?!

Suspicion as to what happened???

Argument? Bullet whizzed by??
I guess I should not speculate

Good morning All. I was waiting to hopefully get more info before I posted on here, but that hunter was my brother. We (the family) are still waiting to hear the results of the autopsy. The DCI has not and will not tell us anything until those results are received. I will do my best to keep my outdoor family in the loop. He was huntIng the Sandy Branch area near Lake Rathbun. He had been hunting there since the middle of Oct. That's all I really know right now. If you are hunting in that area and you see anything, or hear anything, even you are not sure if it's a big deal or not,PLEASE call the Appanoose county sheriffs dept.....641-437-7100

The first thing that came to my mind and I have no idea if this is what happened and I know it has been a problem in Minnesota and Wisconsin with the Hun's and Laotians, where they come in and shoot anything that moves and have shot and killed hunters in the past during arguments. When I bird hunted more back in the day I would run into them on public ground down south sometimes, and would try to go the other way. They will carry AK-47 and SKS rifles shoot over their bag limit if it is in or out of season.

Good morning All. I was waiting to hopefully get more info before I posted on here, but that hunter was my brother. We (the family) are still waiting to hear the results of the autopsy. The DCI has not and will not tell us anything until those results are received. I will do my best to keep my outdoor family in the loop. He was huntIng the Sandy Branch area near Lake Rathbun. He had been hunting there since the middle of Oct. That's all I really know right now. If you are hunting in that area and you see anything, or hear anything, even you are not sure if it's a big deal or not,PLEASE call the Appanoose county sheriffs dept.....641-437-7100
Thoughts and Prayers sent to you and your family.

Hsmaross. Very sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to go through.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

"Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family. Also for justice." Well said.

Hsmaross, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Hsmaross. Very sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to go through.

Yes, very sorry to hear that your brother has passed. Wow, that really brings it close to home...I sincerely hope that whomever is responsible is found quickly and brought to justice promptly.

Prayers to you and all your family and friends dealing with this tragic loss. And hope that you are able to get some answers and justice.

Prayers spoken for you and your family. Also Praying that whoever did this is caught and that justice is served.

Prayers to you and your family. I have duck hunted a lot on the north side of Rathbun, that’s scary. I hope Justice is served!

Sorry to hear about your brother, our prayers are with you and hope you have some closure soon.

Top Bottom