Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Land Near Cedar Rapids

Kutzke45

Hello, my name is Grant and I've been hunting all of my life. I'm currently 19 and was introduced to Bow Hunting two years ago. Last year I shot my biggest buck, a 140" 10 pointer. I would really like to keep my new hobby going, but I live three hours from here. If there is anyone that lives around this area that could help me out with some land, that'd be awesome! I'm currently playing football at Coe College. If you let me hunt I can do chores or help around your land with what ever you need. Please let me know and I really appreciate it. Thanks again, Grant

Good luck with your quest in finding a place. I'm not very familiar with the pulic land around CR or even iowa city. I'm sure you'll get some good input from some of the guys here. Don't be a stranger on the site. 1 post and it's just asking for a place to hunt might be a little tough getting someone to take you on. Become a regular here and get to know some people, show that you are of good character and then you'll have a better chance of getting on someone's private land. Oh and welcome to the site!

Grant drive around and ask permission on some smaller parcels, tell them why you are in town... Offer something...I bet you will find a spot

I don't live around CR, and permission may be harder to gain down there, but I was surprised how easy it was to gain access on private land in NE Iowa by just knocking on doors and being friendly. I dressed decent and had some cards made up with my name, phone number, and a few other things. If I got turned down I'd still thank them and ask if they knew anyone around the area that might allow a bow hunter. I had one guy turn me down and then he called me the next day and said if I still wanted to hunt I could. Good luck

Did you have business cards? I'm thinking I might do that because I don't really like public land due to jerks and unprofessional hunters.

Top Bottom