Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hunting land

antleraddicts

Any one have a spot I could bring my daughter to she is 9 and has a hunters saftey card she shot a big 10 last year but never found and is looking forward to hunting season she is looking for a mature buck only or nothing 8286749854. Sorry for the miss understanding we are in north Carolina and have a spot were we can sit and see a fair amount of deer she has shot does and small bucks but if we are going to drive over 2000 miles and put all the time and effort in the going she wanted to look for a good deer its something we can't afford to do alot

Last edited:
antleraddicts said:
Any one have a spot I could bring my daughter to she is 9 and has a hunters saftey card she shot a big 10 last year but never found and is looking forward to hunting season she is looking for a mature buck only or nothing 8286749854

She is 9 and only wants a "mature buck". Going to be a long hunting career if her sights are set that high so early.

Is it dad that wants the big one?

If she never recovered the first deer she shot at, perhaps Dad is pushing a little too hard for this child to hunt. Maybe she should be given a little more time to become proficient and spend a little less time worrying about killing Booners. I have never known of a child that young even understanding what a mature whitetail is. If that is the future of our deer hunting, we have some serious issues.:(

High goals are great but IMO a nine year old needs every encounter and every kill for a learning experience. Does, yearlings, little bucks, big bucks, button bucks.....Something can be learned from them all. I understand not wanting to drive 2000 miles to shoot a doe but don't forget to enjoy the hunt in your pursuit of an illusive mature whitetail.

High goals are great but IMO a nine year old needs every encounter and every kill for a learning experience. Does, yearlings, little bucks, big bucks, button bucks.....Something can be learned from them all. I understand not wanting to drive 2000 miles to shoot a doe but don't forget to enjoy the hunt in your pursuit of an illusive mature whitetail.

What he said. Good luck!

What you are describing and desiring sounds more like you need to get with an Outfitter. I sure don't fault you for trying to hook up with someone for no cost BUT it does sound like a case that would fit well with an outfitter with the time, scouting, land, mature bucks and desire to have guests come to hunt.

If she never recovered the first deer she shot at, perhaps Dad is pushing a little too hard for this child to hunt. Maybe she should be given a little more time to become proficient and spend a little less time worrying about killing Booners. I have never known of a child that young even understanding what a mature whitetail is. If that is the future of our deer hunting, we have some serious issues.:(

Agree. Have had my son out who is 9 and while we both dreamed of him dropping a big buck, the close encounters we had with all types of deer were priceless. He took a button buck last year and you couldn't have got the smile off his face with a brillo pad.

Unless she started applying for a buck tag when she was 6, I believe her chances at getting a buck tag within the next couple years are pretty slim for iowa.. if you're looking for a mature buck, may want to try OTC states while waiting to draw

Im taking my nephew this fall for the first time and he wants a big buck but is excited to just be hunting and get to hunt. So the its up to him he has also said "well if a doe walks by ill probably shoot that too lol So i'm assuming one of the first deer that walks by will be on his list. Good luck to you and you daughter and just remember its her hunt.

at that age they all want a big buck, but will shoot the first deer that walks by and be happier than most guys on here that kill a mature buck, at that age they just enjoy the hunt so much better and it really does not matter what or even if they harvest anything just my opinion:way:

Top Bottom