Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HUNTING NEAR NORTHERN ALLAMAKEE COUNTY

P

pearlehunter

HEY GUYS, YES I'M A OUT OF STATER.I WILL BE HUNTING THE LAST WEEK OF OCT.LOOKED THE AREA OVER IN MARCH. LOTS OF DEER. WHATS GOING ON WITH THE BUCKS,ARE THEY SCRAPPING? CHASING DOES YET?I HUNT IN LOWER TENNESSEE ON ITS BEEN HOT. READY FOR SOME COOLER WEATHER!

Are you going on public or private. If private, are you going with a guide/outfitter. Just curious. I have land and family farm there. A property that borders us has been leased by a outfitter/guide. I have a P&Y from 97 off that land. My brother in law has a P&Y the last 3 years. Sundy night he shot a 14 point - basic 6x6 with small 1 inch stickers coming off the base. The buck was only 3 1/2 years old. A booner next year, a real beauty this yer in the mid 50's.

I'm hunting on the Minn/Iowa line. in Minn. I didn't get a lic. in Iowa this year. maybe next! It sounds like you have some nice deer on the farm!Thats the type of deer I hope to see.

I've been out the last couple days in southern Iowa. The red oak acorns were dropping big time so most of the feeding activity was in the woods. Saw a few deer feeding on winter wheat and clover. The bucks are working scrape lines, mostly at night I think. Saw a 4 1/2 year old buck and he didn't even to check out a nearby doe and two fawns, just did some rubbing and working overhanging branches. Haven't seen any chasing and haven't heard about much. Know of two 170+ bucks that have been shot so far while working scrape lines. I think things will pick up on scraping activity as we get closer to the end of the month and the cold weather moves in. This weekend should be good. Good luck and good hunting!
Larry

Top Bottom