Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting room/Man Cave/Man Bar

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Guys, I was just thinking about gutting my basement and starting over (and by gut, I mean actually do something with it) and going through the old hunting rooms post, almost all of the pictures are gone. So what do you guys have? Lets see those rooms!! I need some ideas!!

This gives you an idea of what I am working with. It is equally long and narrow behind from where the picture is taken. Im thinking a bar behind me, and maybe pine or barwood behind the TV. Ive got a bathroom, a bedroom, and a storage room to my right.

390532_4468024136928_2110520270_n.jpg

Is there any way to shrink the bathroom or bedroom or get rid of the bedroom to make more living space? That's my main thought. Or even move the bedroom to one end of the current living space and make the living space shorter and wider. That would make a big difference I think.

The sailfish is part of the house, and an even bigger part of our life.

Lets see some pictures of your guys areas. No structural changes happening here unless I reroute the stairs or move the furnace :) it is what it is.

I'd go pine or barnwood on the wall behind the TV and a new flatscreen (50+" LED). A bar behind this picture would be great too.

I am in the same boat. I have a 24x48 garage to figure out how to turn into a man cave and then half a basement to figure out what to do with. It will be an adventure!!

Here is a portion of my cave. I went with a two-tone color scheme separated by a outdoor theme mid-wall border. Top half is light brown and the bottom is hunter green. Really was a big step up from the off-white walls that preceded this update.

f8007d80.jpg

This is about 1/3 of the L shaped room. I also angled the outside corners of the basement when I fir-stripped them so I could place mounts in the corners.

BJohnson, that looks awesome! Your non-typical pedistal mt. looks great there.

Nick, the first thing you need to do is let your wife know that the mounts need to be upstairs. Then cover every inch of wallspace before she can.

I am slowly getting rid of all of mines happy s--t.

107_1664_zpsc34acdc3.jpg

107_1659_zpsd0b20674.jpg

107_1654_zps2a9b5dfb.jpg

6x6, that room is a dream! I would never even get to turning on the TV...just be staring and reliving all the great moments associated with each of these magnificent creatures. Truly awesome room!

Here is a portion of my cave. I went with a two-tone color scheme separated by a outdoor theme mid-wall border. Top half is light brown and the bottom is hunter green. Really was a big step up from the off-white walls that preceded this update.

f8007d80.jpg

This is about 1/3 of the L shaped room. I also angled the outside corners of the basement when I fir-stripped them so I could place mounts in the corners.

I did something very similar, just a different bottom color. Here's one end of the room. Really like the angled corners idea BTW :way:

P1050431.jpg

NWBuck

gundog...Better lighting would go a long way in improving that room. JMO

I agree...and maybe the picture makes it look different than actually being down there but from the picture, I think new lighting would make a world of difference. I like the idea of barn wood/cedar wood on the wall behind the TV. I forgot to take pictures of mine last night but will get some up later. My wife found some camo netting type stuff that we put up on the bottom half of the two toned walls like others have shown us. I don't have any deer on the wall tho...just sheds

Don't forget a really nice gunsafe somewhere in the room too. You cannot risk those valuables not being in a secure place.

Top Bottom