Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Tactics

O

okhunter

Last year was the first time that I was fortunate enough to draw a non-resident tag in Iowa. I was very impressed with the body size of the deer that I saw. The deer that I finally was able to take on public land scored 148 3/8 and weighed 225 lbs dressed. The biggest deer that I have killed to date in my home state of Oklahoma was 130 1/8 abd weighed 132 lbs dressed. I again drew a tag this year for zone 3. The terrain is different that what I am used to can any one give me some advice on how to hunt this area?

SW corner of the State. More along the West border than the South. Sorry, out of my area. Maggs

lots of hills and ridges in my area of zone 3, try to find area where natural saddles and ridges converge and naturally funnel movement. Hardest things I've found is approaching area without spooking deer and where to set up... so much area for the deer to travel. Good luck, hope you bag a big one.

Hey pfiddler I hunt in Pisgah also. E-mail me at rescuebill@yahoo.com and I wiould love to hear your input on tactics for the hills. Maybe we could have acup of coffee.

Top Bottom