Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"i have problems"

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
So, I start adding it up & I'm into the multiple thousands of trees. Just transplanted 1 year from seed trees into 1 gallon rootmaker and have a whole lot more to go and lots more not pictured. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make my neighbors think I'm more of a hillbily, this pry did it. What on earth did I get myself into?!!?!? :rolleyes::confused::) Got 5 varieties of chestnuts (chinese, dunstan, 15/16's, etc), persimmon, many varieties of apples & pears, DCO's, etc. Oh my. Fun but geesh, I have second thoughts after doing all that! My friend Phil said "it's a disease" :D I think I agree.
picture.php

Ya, I know. I'm as close as I can get without being out.... Just out into country, i'm at the end of a cul-de-sac with only one neighbor next to me & I can shoot the bow and look at a corn field from my place.
If I did get into the Marijuana gig - oh man, I think this lot would have to be worth millions! :)

Problem with taking that program out of town is the deer will jump that little fence & eat em right out of the pots. They won't wait for them to get planted in the ground! I've got enough problems with a dog that thinks she's a squirrel & plucks sprouted acorns outta the pots... :mad:

Skip.. You have way to much time on your hands :D

I think you need to buy more ground so you have something to work on :rolleyes:

Hey Skip, do you have a public source for the 15/16ths chestnuts? The only source I can find is the ACF and they want a big money donation before they'll give me any nuts. Impressive operation you got going in the backyard btw!

One of my sources is out, another I also think may have them is out for now, google "route 9 cooperative" - they have been great on selection and delivery of great chestnut seed. Very viable.
One of the closest also, I did order nuts from route 9 cooperative is the Timburr chestnut http://www.oikostreecrops.com/Nuts/Chestnuts/Timburr-Chestnut/p-60-73-122/ you can order seed later when folks catch up but I'm a fan so far of this tree and about 4 other chestnut varieties. Growing preference that is, deer preference is still to be seen but from what I gather, most the chestnuts are widely loved & eaten by deer, whether it's a dunstan or a timburr, 15/16's, etc, etc

You need help Skip ! Maybe a shrink some couch time ? Sad thing is we think your normal ! Guess that says something about this sight .

Top Bottom