Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Fishing Mississippi River

NIhunter

I want to try some ice fishing on the Mississippi River in the NE part of Iowa. I have never tried it before. I'm most interested in catching some northern on tipups, would also like to catch some nice perch. The problem is that I don't know where to go. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. Not expecting anyone to give up their hot spots or anything, was just hoping to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Desoto bay across the river from Lansing, Shore Slough just North of Lansing, or head further North to New Albin. Those 3 spots would be your best bets. If you come through Waukon stop in my shop and I can show you how to get there.

Panfish are sluggish this time of year but the Northern bite has been good. The warmer temps next week will hopefully pick the bite up a bit.

I'm on the N edge of Waukon just as you leave town heading on Hwy. 9 to Lansing. Sportsmen's Unlimited...

Desoto bay across the river from Lansing, Shore Slough just North of Lansing, or head further North to New Albin. Those 3 spots would be your best bets. If you come through Waukon stop in my shop and I can show you how to get there.

Panfish are sluggish this time of year but the Northern bite has been good. The warmer temps next week will hopefully pick the bite up a bit.

I'm on the N edge of Waukon just as you leave town heading on Hwy. 9 to Lansing. Sportsmen's Unlimited...

You own Sportsmen Unlimited!?!? We stop there when we go trout fishing on our way up to Waterloo Creek! That's cool

What time do you open on Saturdays and do you carry chubs

We open at 7am everyday. I don't carry chubs during the winter but we have Shiners. They're size varies from 4-6".

I would say the ice is closer to 30" than 20" up here.

Junior, that's me. Introduce yourself next time your up this way. Always nice to put a face with IW members.

Top Bottom