Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice out cat's 2008 (Chronicles)

Re: Ice out cat's 2008

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So what about on the Mississippi? Need to find a shoreline mud flat or any shoreline that the wind is blowing to? How about the mouth of a creek emptying into the river?
Maggs </div></div>

For the Mississippi River, flats are your best bet. The water warms up quicker and they seem to really hammer the flats this time of the year to feed. We usually start to catch them once the water hits 45 degrees. This year its only at 40 and they are starting to move up in the flats pretty good. Good luck.

Went out again yesterday. I hit a new spot i was wanting to try. I did pretty good. I cought 9 fish in 2hrs. I kept 6 and let the 3 big ones go. The 3 i let go were 8#,10#,and a 17# pig! Here are some pics.

IMG_00213.JPG

IMG_00202.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did you have to be paid to wear that hat? </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
I swear to God Muddy....

Great work Derek, you should take some pix while out on the boat. especially of a 17 pdr!!

take some field photos next time....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did you have to be paid to wear that hat? </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did you have to be paid to wear that hat? </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
I swear to God Muddy....

Great work Derek, you should take some pix while out on the boat. especially of a 17 pdr!!

take some field photos next time....

</div></div>

I was out there by myself, so it's hard to get feild pics. It is also hard to get a boat out there when the lake looks like this. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

IMG_00071.JPG

Aim-n-High,
Thanks for the info. Plan on trying to get the boys out next week. Hopefully we'll get into s few.
Maggs

Hit it one more time before i go Turkey hunting this weekend. Fishing was not as good, but i did manage to catch 3. Here is a pic of the biggest.

IMG_0022.JPG

are u fishing off the shore? looks like your boat is stuck in the garage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -DannyBoy-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you fishing on the bottom? </div></div>

Yep.

This will be the last pics of the year. With turkey hunting starting Monday, i won't hit the lake until Late May. Went out last Saturday for one last bite. Ended up with 7 fish in 2hrs. I kept 4 and let the 3 big ones go. The 3 i let go were all over 8#.

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_00161.JPG

Too bad your kid looks nothing like you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad your kid looks nothing like you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

That's a good thing! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

must have took after mom....

hahaha

nice work Derek!

Blaster, I'm pretty new to Iowa fishing, I'm originally from MT and I love to catch cats. I go to grad school in Ames. My first try at cats (or fish in general) in IA was recently below Saylorville dam, and the bite was quite slow. Is that lake itself pretty good for cats? Any other suggestions to help a guy out on good water?

Below Big Creek spill way is good for cat's. So is the north end of Big Creek. Both of these spots are real good right now. The Des Moines river from Boone to Madrid is also good for cat's.

Top Bottom