Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Illuminated nock recommdations

Nock outs are the best I have used. Easy on/off and they fit nicely into all arrow sizes. Battery life is the same as others and the durability is really nice. Only downfall is two colors so if you Need anything besides red and green it is a no go

Kratz

The new Nockturnals coming this summer look awesome - they really redesigned a lot of the features including one version that has a red/green strobe effect that really stands out.

I have problems with them so I quit using them. Namely the don't shoot the same as normal nocks. So I was forced to use them in practice as well. The problem with the is they don't come out. So, as soon as one gets damaged the whole arrow is junk. Pretty crappy.

It's somewhat amazing to me how much different nocks affect arrow flight.

I've had Luminocks and Nocturnals and not really impressed with either one. Thought's on other brands?

What don't you like about them? I shoot both and have no issues. When I practice I always have one arrow with one of these nocks and a rage practice head and I cannot tell any difference. Just curious thanks

I've been having issues with the newer nocturnals as well. Seems like the quality of the product went downhill with the purchase from Rage IMO. The original nocturnals were an amazing product and the battery life was second to non. I remember shooting under a buck on a spot and stalk years ago in a cut corn field. I wasn't able to locate my arrow that day, but upon returning three days later for a morning sit I saw a glowing red light from the stand. 3 days of staying lit was a huge selling point, but I don't think the newer model will ever match that again. Also this past season I had one turn off between the shot and the buck crashing 50 yards away with the arrow lodged in him.

I'll still use them going forward as I already have arrows set up for practice and hunting with them.

Nockturnals are junk and customer service is about as poor as you can get. Bought the originals, done after about a half dozen reactivations/resets. Contacted customer service and they were horrible to deal with. Wouldn't shoot them again if they gave them away.

Best part about the Nock Outs is they have a practice mode so you can lock them in the deactivated mode and then turn them on when ready to hunt.

I have no ties to any of these companies just really good experience with one that makes a quality product and piss poor experience with the other that sells junk.

What don't you like about them? I shoot both and have no issues. When I practice I always have one arrow with one of these nocks and a rage practice head and I cannot tell any difference. Just curious thanks
I've had Luminocks that will not shut off and stay off. I get them turned off then 15 minutes later I look at my quiver and the thing is back on. The Nockturnals worked fine one year then the next they are dead. I know batteries don't last forever but when these are as spendy as they are I would like to get more than one season out of them.

Top Bottom