Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm not lazy, I'm not a dork BUT....

too good. I used to hunt a public land spot in wisconsin where I'd take my mountain bike 2 miles back down an old logging road. I like your thinking outside of the box. I agree on the video, I would like to see one too.

I have been kicking around the exact same thing since the end of last season. I'm anxious to hear how it performs for you this season.

Earlier this summer I was doing some reading on a "homebrew" electric scooter or tricycle what would be comparable. I just don't think I can build the same thing cheaper...even though it would be a fun project.

I really dig the Quiet Kat, but no way could I justify the price. Might as well buy a used golf cart for the same money.

A buddy of mine uses his on Bovine hunts- he pulls his kills out with the scooter.... Just hooks a chain up to the back and 1000 lbs is no problem. He dragged out 3 elk off a mountain with it too!

That's not a bad idea Skip. A couple of years ago I bought a huge bike basket for my mountain bike and I've put it to good use on some of the bigger properties I hunt. I hate sweating too and I sweat no matter what...it could be sub zero freezing and I could be butt naked and I'd still sweat.

A buddy of mine uses his on Bovine hunts- he pulls his kills out with the scooter.... Just hooks a chain up to the back and 1000 lbs is no problem. He dragged out 3 elk off a mountain with it too!
Was that all on one charge or did he buy multiple batteries?

Know a few people that use a old golf cart quite and cheap.

I've done the golf cart- really handy & great if it's parked at your farm and it's a flat surface (doesn't like hills for sure!!!). I gotta go to several locations and the idea of trailers and straps is a pain so super mobile is nice (grab outta trunk or truck bed). We'll see how my hog performs soon.... If it goes well, think I'm taking it to Sturgis next year.

Nice skip...shoulda bought one with a third wheel though. Agree with earlier comments about the amount of stuff in our backpacks. I looked at a trail camera picture of me the other day, and couldn't believe how much gear I had...you're gonna dump that thing!!! :)

Guess I'm old school, I won't take a motorized vehicle to the stand.

Hunting to me is getting back to nature and away from the mechanized world. I'll gladly hike in, no matter the distance.

To each his own.

Guess I'm old school, I won't take a motorized vehicle to the stand.

Hunting to me is getting back to nature and away from the mechanized world. I'll gladly hike in, no matter the distance.

To each his own.

You're such a purist.

I bet you like your women with hairy legs too :D

Personally, if I have a way to get to my stands and not sweating like crazy, sure would help my enjoyment but that's me. I'm only using this rascal on a few spots that are extremely long walks & still don't drive it to the stand (plenty of distance away). I could personally could care less about using a machine getting me to my stand while I sit in the woods all day..... As I drove my truck to the farm which had been farmed by my tractor previously - guess I'd have a lot of reform to do if I wanted to nitpick the things I use in life & hunting. If I become Amish, I'll give it up but for now, I will enjoy every minute in the treestand and hopefully with a lot less sweat and more comfort.

Top Bottom