Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Increase in NR tags HF 2517

I’ve probably met 50+ guys who moved to Iowa for hunting. I’m one of them. A long story short.... my home state of MI was HORRID for anything hunting & fishing. I loved the outdoors to no end & I just didn’t wanna “waste” all my years spinning my wheels with horrible management, over run with people & unbearably disastrous hunting/fishing quality. & I loved everything about iowa. Like many, I “voted with my feet” & moved. I love it here. I pay massive sums in housing property tax, sales tax 365 days a year, iowa state income tax, hire or buy from countless iowa businesses weekly & 99% of my $ spent is within iowa. Probably like most that live here or moved here. I am gonna guess that # is in the thousands of people who moved here that spend almost all their $ locally each day of the year.
If it’s all about the $ - which it is - this is typical politics of short sighted returns. The more liberalized u make the tags- the fewer folks will move here for the benefits of being a resident. Generally ambitious & motivated producers & tax payers. All the $ put into state by folks that move here alone is a staggering figure I’m certain would blow the doors off any NR tag sale increases. Politicians are so notorious for selling out resources and ruining a good thing for a short sighted $. Sad & it never stops or the threats and exploitation seekers never stop. If there was a line in sand for “tags, seasons, opportunities, etc” - I honestly wish it would go backwards several steps VS further degrading, liberalizing & exploiting it.

Very well put Sligh1! And yes if tags were $1000 they would still come! As a resident I would gladly pay triple for a hunting license....just leave shit alone!!

Top Bottom