Indian Burial Mounds

Discussion in 'IW Outdoors' started by cybball, Jan 27, 2019.

1. cybball

cybball PMA Member

Thanks.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. JNRBRONC

JNRBRONC Moderator

What happens if they are burial mounds? Does it limit what you can do with the land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cybball

cybball PMA Member

Really no clue. It's not on my place, so I'm not worried that way, but don't think the landowner would ever be doing anything in that area. My guess is you would have to get an archaeologist out and say one way or the other.

5. crietveld

crietveld Active Member

There are a couple similar to what you are describing on a farm I hunt. Same type location on a ridge between two deep valley's not far from the river. Lots of Indian activity in this area back in the day.

The landowner said years ago some natives stopped and asked to go look at them.

cybball likes this.
  6. sep0667

sep0667 Land of the Whitetail

Very interesting. I have wanted to search for arrowheads, but really don't have much of an idea of where to begin. I found one once. I too hunt a place that has a pronounced mound on a tall timber ridge above the river. The mound is round, maybe 10x10 and is probably 2-2.5 feet taller than the ground around it. I have often sat in my stand on that timber ridge and wondered by chance if it could be an indian burial mound. My stand is maybe 30 yards from it. Its a pretty scenic setting and would make sense I guess from that standpoint. But it could and is most likely just an old brush pile or something from years ago. I'm certainly not going to go digging in it to find out.