Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interested in Muzzle Loading..

oBIGBUCKDOWNo

The last, and only time I have shot a muzzleloader was at my Hunter safety field day, 10+ years ago.. I would like to add a muzzle loader to my arsenal but really have no idea about the process.
Is there a site or something where one could learn the ins and outs?
Also, what would be a cheap setup to look into, price is an issue as I dont wanna drop 500 or 600 dollars on a setup. Just a starter gun that can be handed down to my daughter in 5 years, then I'll upgrade.
Also is the difference between a ml magnum charge and non mag the same as any other rifle?

THANKS...ALL INPUT APPRECIATED.

You might start by searching this forum for older ML topics. There are lots of seasoned ML veterans here and there are many threads on ML'ers, loads, cleaning, sighting in, ect. Years ago there were mainly two high end ML's, Knight and TC. That has changed. There are alot of nice choices out there now especially in the mid priced range. As long as you do a bit of research you should have some success in narrowing a bunch down to 2 or 3. Everyone has thier favorite so it's a bit like Ford vs Chevy so kind of filter that out. If I were to buy a new one I would look for these things in not any particular order. A good barrel. A good trigger system. Simple break down for cleaning. Good luck............:way:

Like moosehunter said, you need to get something with a quality barrel. If you want a rifle with a great barrel that won't break the bank, look into the TC Impact! rifle. Its a break action as well and has a great trigger. I think you can get that rifle for around $300.

You want a stainless steel barrel and break action. I cheaped out on my first two. I bought the optima bundle for 350.

Do you know anyone who hunts with a ML? Google white tail forums, most of them have a ML forum and there are also a few good youtube videos for ML. I see both BP and Cabelas have sales on some for the up coming week and have seen a few used ones at Cabelas and Scheeles for not too bad of money. Most of them are considered magnums anymore but and should say on the barrel. I agree with break open and stainless for ease of cleaning.

If you want to shoot a couple, I have a CVA Accura v2, and a new Optima both are 50 cal with the thumb hole stocks. I live in Sioux City,

Top Bottom