Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interesting...

dbllung,
glad you love iowa, and their hospitality, most NR, treat our laws, land, and game with respect. some choose not to.I also find that good ground to hunt is hard to come by,i also lease in southern iowa, because with increasing development, we as residents see OUR hunting ground being chipped away at by big developers.Two men from alabama leased 750 around me,and still,trespassed on my 80! there were 2 guys bow hunting here from n carolina- i think- that were staying in a plush motel, that were poaching trophy Bucks with Rifles, and were keeping the heads in their room, and were caught!Not all of you come here to hunt big bucks, but, maybe your states can learn how to develope food plots to grow antlers, that may solve part of it.not all are like you, that come back to meet new friends, and enjoy the outdoors,most wont spend the big money,without taking back a trophy one way or the other.yrs back, if a doe gave birth to 1, that was somthing, now they are having twins, triplets, and are surviving. we in iowa, need to allow our residents to take more does, for instance, if i applied for a bow tag, let me take two, same with shotgun hunting, i would even be for letting out of state hunters come here and take 2 deer as long as the first one was a doe, just to thin our heard.the bad part about the whole thing is, the state (DNR) owns less than 10 % of the ground in iowa, the rest is private,if out of staters come back to hunt shotgun seasons, youd better know someone, because that is rich tradition for most family owned farms,& they will most likly , keep it for themselves.its amazing to me when i talk to NR, they tell me what they spend to hunt here, lic fees, tag fees, motels,leases, gas,( at $4.00 a gallon)for a Doe? you can buy alot of iowa beef for $1500.00- $3000.00 . happy hunting to you where ever you get the chance, its always great being in the out doors.
happiness is a large rack!

Top Bottom