Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Bobcats

mr4play72

PMA Member
Just last week we saw a Bobcat crossing the road in the early morning and last year bowhunting we saw 2 out of the stands and one of my friends had a momma and some kits come by. Just curious if anyone else has been seeing any? I've heard a rumor that the DNR may be opening a season on them next year because they are becoming quite common.

They apparently are coming on strong.My buddy seen a small one during 1st shotgun season and I seen a big one during late doe hunt in Taylor Co. This is the first year we've seen any. They can't help are already sparse pheasant population.Suspect they get a few fawns too.

Bobcats were recently delisted from the endangered species list to the endangered species list which reflects an improvement in their population.

However, the DNR has no intention of opening a bobcat season for the foreseeable future.

Doug

I talked to a park ranger at the deer classic that said a bioligist told him that in three years or so there will be so many more bobcats that there will have to be a season for them.

Surely with all of the high schools in NE Iowa there has got to be a few "Bobcats" in the bunch along with the "Bulldogs", "Huskies", "Cougars", "Tigers" and other assorted ferocious beasts!!

Sorry, couldn't resist a little poke!
smile.gif

But seriously, many years ago while spring turkey hunting near Anamosa while it was still o'dark thirty in the morning I heard a scream/howl that still raises the hairs on the back of my neck. The guy with me that day said it was a bobcat, probably cutting class, haha, sorry. I can't say what it was for sure but I have never heard anything like it before or since.

Hey dwags. Do a search for a post I made about two months ago re: bobcats. It concerned two cats caught in traps by separate trappers in Jackson County on the same day. It was quite a coincidence and the local paper did a nice article on it. They are definitely on the way back here in the bluff country. Maggs.

Top Bottom