Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa City deer population control

Anyone live in Iowa City or in the area? Is there a lot of deer in town? Like a lot that they really really need to do something?

Anyone live in Iowa City or in the area? Is there a lot of deer in town? Like a lot that they really really need to do something?

Live in IC, tons of deer. I had to drive around a minivan parked on a deer to get to work a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it bow hunting is currently banned in city limits?

You can hunt Coralville city limits, and have been able to for years. It drastically cut the Coralville herd and deer accidents plummeted in more urban areas. I personally believe the interstate also had way fewer accidents. You cannot hunt Iowa City limits and there are deer EVERYWHERE. I was delivering some garage sale stuff to this place that was just houses and not much elese... the number of deer in this particular area was staggering based on the lack of wooded cover. They bed up against garages and the like.

You can hunt Coralville city limits, and have been able to for years. It drastically cut the Coralville herd and deer accidents plummeted in more urban areas. I personally believe the interstate also had way fewer accidents. You cannot hunt Iowa City limits and there are deer EVERYWHERE. I was delivering some garage sale stuff to this place that was just houses and not much elese... the number of deer in this particular area was staggering based on the lack of wooded cover. They bed up against garages and the like.

sounds like a good area to walk around in a few months. maybe worth a trip

Top Bottom