Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Harvest Reports II

G

We caught a whisper of a big one going down this week, suppose to be a contender, keep checking back for news.

The Staff,

iowawhitetail.com

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 10-28-2000).]

Just got off the phone with Larry Zach and the rumor is true, Larry harvested a huge 200+ inch NT this week. He will be posting pics on his site sometime this week.

ZachWildlifeArt

You heard it here first,

Forumlogo.jpg

Just got off the phone with a hunter that harvested a 190+ inch Typical this past week...we'll have his BOAL article next month. The interesting part of the story is it's his second buck in three years that's pushing 200 Typical inches!

Only in Iowa!

iowawhitetail.com

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 10-29-2000).]

My buddy shot a 8 pointer, small basket rack.Its his biggest deer with a bow.He came in at 9 am 10/28 chasing a doe with a button buck they ran right by him then they came over to me about 60yrds away. He then chased the doe right back to him and he took his shot. I got it all on video it was awesome.Now its his turn to get my deer kill on video but we will be closer this time.
Another one of my buddies shot a big 10 point At 6pm the same day. He rough scored it around 145 its a nice deer. Im proud of both of them.Cant wait to get my chance. I seen 3 real nice bucks this weekend but one of them came in about 5 min. after dark and the other two were to far away.Well good luck to all!!!!

Halloween is one of my favorite days to hunt, made it out this AM and saw plenty of buck movement. Any nice bucks go down today?

tlhs.jpg

TLH,

Wasn't it kind of warm for such movement? Nothing budged by me here in Indiana with temps around 70 and low only about 48. What was the temp by you. Eager to get over to Appanoose Co. Leaving Friday. Save one for me.

Heard about another 200 or so inch non-typcial that somebody was showing off down at Fin and Feather in Cedar Rapids today. Anyone else heard any whispers about it??

Zim,

I believe we are days away from the first does coming into heat and to me the temperature will only affect mid-day movement. Last year should have taught us all it can be warm in October and the only thing it effects is us hunters.

I have rattled in 3 different bucks this past week and today I watched 2 different bucks work scrapes. I have also been seeing younger bucks chasing or atleast staying very close to a few select does.

Anyway, good hunting to you!

TLH

I was told about the same 200 inch buck that tjmitche mentioned. Also friend saw a big 10 pointer working over a tree tonight about 4:30pm just a little too far out of range.

Several deer have been seen running around the Rockwell complex in Northeast Cedar Rapids during the midday both today and last Friday. This is along side two of the busiest streets in Cedar Rapids with no timber for nearly 1/2 mile. A good sign its time to get in a tree stand.

Well we made the drive okay got here last friday evening. I hunted Monday and Tuesday but little deer movement due to the hot weather! Heck I thought coming home I'd get out of the heat
smile.gif

Well decided to visit family and freinds then return to hunt next Monday. Will give follow up report then. Good to hear about the big bucks.
Shoot straight. Dennis

Zim the weather should be great for you this weekend, they are calling for much cooler temps. The deer movement is really starting to pick up here in south part of the state. I saw more deer Sunday than I had all season, got busted by a large 8 point with heavy and wide rack.

The best of luck to ya Zim.

later
Doug

Halloween is one of my favorite days to hunt!

Every year I hear of a big buck going down on this spooky day.

This year is no exception, I am hearing about a 181 Gross, 175 Net Typical being taken on 10/31/00.

I will try to get a pic...yes it's a Iowa buck
smile.gif

tlhs.jpg

Hey Patrick, what do meen tree stand! Can't ya just get on a roof top. Maybe invite some friends, bring a card table and play a few hands of euchre!

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 11-03-2000).]

I think you are talking about Fergusen's buck with was taken 11/1 and grossed 181 and netted 175. Problem is it's an Illinois buck unless I'm mistaken.

Iowa1,

Your right, Illinois, my mistake...nice buck though, here is the pic.

TLH

RFerguson.jpg

[This message has been edited by TLH (edited 11-03-2000).]

We've just heard about an Iowa buck about as big as the Illinois buck, will try to get a pic!

The Staff

Someone around Brighton or Pleasant Plain supposedly shot a big buck that scored 213NT
and 193Typical.

According to the Nov 2nd addition of the Clinton Herald A 227-inch NT was killed near Mount Pleasant that will be features in Buckmasters. Also Doug Wilkens of Sabula (near Clinton)shot a 187 5/8. The article also said a new record buck was taken this year in Wis. Mo. and Il.

JLC,

Thanks for the hyperlink, we always forget about the local papers having websites.

Everyone,

Thanks for the tips on the big bucks, we would sure enjoy pics and articles, if you can help we would all appreciate.

Good Hunting!

Forumlogo.jpg

Top Bottom