Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Harvest Reports II

Larry Zach shot a 236 inch NT a few days ago and showed it at the Mahaska Co. DU banquet last night. Last year he shot a 170+....both were shot on the first day he started hunting!

Oh yeah...his daughter shot a 180 incher the same day!

The buck in the gazette article is the buck the TJMITCHE and I made reference to. FYI, it was shot on Halloween.

In an e-mail blast ( Iowa Whitetail News our monthly newsletter ) we are letting everyone know that Larry Zach has posted some pics of his Monster Buck on his site.

We reported the harvest one day after Larry took this incredible deer. Here is the link to the site and the pics, wow, what a buck!

LarryZachBuck

The Staff,

iowawhitetail.com

Hi guys I shot a nice 8 point this afternoon around 2pm. My buddy and I were on our way to my stand,(he was going to vidio it for me)
and was about 60yrds away and I spotted 3 does.They went right up under my stand then came back down and were right on the trail we were on and heading right for us.They got about 20yrds away and got nervous. The bigger one started stomping her feet then she snorted and ran under my stand.About 10-15 minuets later The buck comes in,his nose is to the ground and runs circles around the area going under my stand several times.Then he disaperes and then all of the sudden there he is again, goes under the stand again getting closer to us,this time I think he responds to the call. I draw back when he is about 30yrds away,he comes in less than 10 yrds and he is in a clearing so I grunt but he take a couple of more steps and turns right at us on the same trail we were on.Still at full draw. He then turns to the right and starts walking again,still less than 10yrds he comes to another clearing I grunt again he stops broadside I released and hit a little high but still got both lungs.He dropped 30yrds from us and about 30yrds from the stand.Boy that was awesome!!!!!We didnt get any of it on video though, but oh well it was still great.WOW!!
Well good luck to all!!!

Booo....remember last Halloween? Last year I had a SE wind as well, kinda weird, similar weather.

TLH

Is this weather ever going to cool off. This is one of multiple years where I've hunted the beginning of rut in 70 degree whether. I wish it would cool down.

Top Bottom