Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Opener

Crimson Arrows

Seems with family and work the trips to the field get less and less-but the time will come that I will be taking my son soon enough:)

Even though I awoke at 3:00 AM-I wasn't that tired at all.

It was a relatively quiet morning, but beautiful, and despite not hearing much-I stayed put and didn't care if I had much action or not. It was just great to be out with little wind and no rain or snow.

A couple hours after setting up I thought I heard walking to my right and a gang of jakes was bee-lining the DSD.

The shot looked good but after running 40 yards and then taking flight I was a bit concerned. Still, I saw him crash when he hit the top of an oak-but Ive learned through the years to never trust a turkey :thrwrck:

One hour later I worked my way in that direction and was surpsrised to find a solid blood trail.

I knew then that it was looking good. Walking into the timber a 100 yards or so I saw him laying near the creek.

I was as proud of this big Jake as any longbeard Ive ever taken-it has never mattered to me.

Gotta love the spring :)

Congrats!! I always seem to jump out of the blind and run after them like I have the name (bolt) on the back of my shirt.

Top Bottom