Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa QDM acres?

FarmlandQDM

Just curious as to what size farms people are trying to practice QDM on in Iowa. I've got 200 acres and wish it was 2000, but I'm interested in hearing what other QDM'ers have.

I've got about 800 but it's split up in 4 locations. At least I get a variety of genetics that way and don't burn one spot out too much. It does make for lots of travel, multiple foodplots, a variety of trail cameras and tons of treestands.

We have about 230 acres and our friend beside us has another 230. We only bought the property last year so were just getting started. Last year we had 8 acres of food plots and this year we added another 8.

Being NR's we have two big problems: killing enough does and keeping the local poachers out.

Tim

It is a problem getting everyone to participate but even if the neighbors don't participate you will see results regardless.

Keep up the good work with qdm.

BT

thanks for the kind words. I hope things work out. I'm trying to do something to help the land every year and one of these days it will be the I want it. Until then I guess another day in the stand won't hurt anybody.

Top Bottom