Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Whitetail App

On my old iPhone I was able to post, comment, and reply to threads using the IW app. Now I'm on my s7 and the only thing I'm able to do is reply to a specific post in a thread. Am I doing something wrong or is anyone else having issues with the app?

When I had the s3 that's how it was for me. Now I have an LG g4 and it's the same way... guess I just thought that's how it was. Nice to know that isn't the case.

On my old iPhone I was able to post, comment, and reply to threads using the IW app. Now I'm on my s7 and the only thing I'm able to do is reply to a specific post in a thread. Am I doing something wrong or is anyone else having issues with the app?

Same here on the s6

Im not sure how the s7 is laid out but if I hit the light up button on the phone left of the home button it will bring up a menu and I can just hit reply

Is the S7 even out, must be if you have one but the Apple site shows S6. I just dropped and cracked my screen on my S5 so I need to replace soon but I want to get one that will work with this App.

I show iowawhitetail running on ForumRunner software, I suspect an update is in order. I am sure the powers that be know this and will do what needs to be done to keep most of us happy. That said, having found and started the website and original forum not a day goes by I don't click on the app. I would love to see the statistics on this app. Others would die for the hits this thing gets. Technology gets complicated and sometimes it doesn't work, I still enjoy the ability to share and read about others experiences. Cheers and thanks to all those involved.

I show iowawhitetail running on ForumRunner software, I suspect an update is in order. I am sure the powers that be know this and will do what needs to be done to keep most of us happy. That said, having found and started the website and original forum not a day goes by I don't click on the app. I would love to see the statistics on this app. Others would die for the hits this thing gets. Technology gets complicated and sometimes it doesn't work, I still enjoy the ability to share and read about others experiences. Cheers and thanks to all those involved.

I'm curious on the history of this website. Care to share any details on how it came about? What year?

I joined in 01...but I believe it was 98ish when I started lurking? I could be wrong on the year, that was a long time ago

Well if you look at the Android app it hasn't been updated since 12/12. The bug fix was for Android 4.2. Android 7 is coming out what in a month... 3 1/2 years on mobile platform not much has changed huh...

I used an iPhone very briefly but thought the pictures displayed much much more reliably. With Android I can view the same thread multiple times and sometimes I can see the pics sometimes I can't and many times I can never get them to load.

With Android I can view the same thread multiple times and sometimes I can see the pics sometimes I can't and many times I can never get them to load.[/QUOTE]

Same here

I have a droid turbo and never can see pictures. Drives me crazy but still can use browser I guess.

I joined in 01...but I believe it was 98ish when I started lurking? I could be wrong on the year, that was a long time ago

Right in there, I should look to be exact but I just keep forgetting. This website started as a love affair with what I think is the most beautiful creature on earth. To be born in a state where you can be driving down a country road and look off into the distance and see "him" standing there in all his majesty. To this day it never gets old, for me I wanted it to stay my hobby and not be a career or a job. I only bow hunt and use my Nikon in the field. I run cameras all year and spend endless hours looking for him. My area in western Iow is high plains that flow down to creeks and rivers and I spend a fair amount of time in the Loess Hills.

Lee Gladfelter of the Iowa DNR is a big reason Iowa has what it has for a healthy deer population. I sat on the NRC in the early 2000's and Director Wilson tales the politicians into letting the biologist do there job and set kill numbers, etc. We also had a ton of CRP in through out the state in the 1980'sthat didn't hurt either.

John Doonan and George Parris teamed up with me and both are very good Bowhunters and added some great input and video along the way. Limb Chicken, Muddy, and so many others were the original members of the website.

We started the Big Buck Context and people like Tony Knight gave us prizes to give away, Larry Zach too.

I started the PMA forum trying to generate some revenue but the Forum is and always has been the place everyone comes! As we get closer to season, closer to the rut, we always forget about what's not working and go to our stands to just get away from all the "shit" society throws at us and we get back to our roots, we hunt!

The smell of autumn and the first killing frost is what we all live for, and all we want is a glance, just to see him once. Then see him again but closer, to walk into range is almost to much but it's what we live for, just one chance, one shot.

Yes, we are all older but wiser and more patient and hers in Iowa we should be, you never ever know what might come out of the bush, nose to the ground in all his glory.

To be able to share, that is what's very hard for me. I have had them poached and shot on the last day of gun season to never see my favorite buck again. Even after that I still come back and share my scouting trips and my hunts.

I guess that's it for me, I have missed a bunch but I am just the guy who had the idea to talk and post about my love and just like me a bunch of other guys had it too.

When I met Chris Lane I was amazed and just how good of hunter he was, the area he hinted didn't hurt but you still have to connect and he did and does every season. I have not talked to him in many moons. He like me has a family and his wife probably screams at him to get off the computer like mine did. My kids are grown up and gone so I guess I have slowly worked my way back home. I hope this helps you.

Nice post Tony, you started a great thing. I have friends that I talk to almost daily, certain times of the year, that I would have never met, without this site. The info shared over the years has been priceless

Nice post Tony, you started a great thing. I have friends that I talk to almost daily, certain times of the year, that I would have never met, without this site. The info shared over the years has been priceless

Thanks man! Like one of my children I have had to let this site grow up, have some growing pains and then I could just sit back and smile. And "yes" it has been priceless to me as well.

PS: sorry for all the typo's and fat finger mistakes typing last night. I didn't have my reading glasses on and we just got home from moving our youngest back to Ames so I was a wreck. HaHa!

I hope everyone has a great fall, best of luck and keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

Right in there, I should look to be exact but I just keep forgetting. This website started as a love affair with what I think is the most beautiful creature on earth. To be born in a state where you can be driving down a country road and look off into the distance and see "him" standing there in all his majesty. To this day it never gets old, for me I wanted it to stay my hobby and not be a career or a job. I only bow hunt and use my Nikon in the field. I run cameras all year and spend endless hours looking for him. My area in western Iow is high plains that flow down to creeks and rivers and I spend a fair amount of time in the Loess Hills.

Lee Gladfelter of the Iowa DNR is a big reason Iowa has what it has for a healthy deer population. I sat on the NRC in the early 2000's and Director Wilson tales the politicians into letting the biologist do there job and set kill numbers, etc. We also had a ton of CRP in through out the state in the 1980'sthat didn't hurt either.

John Doonan and George Parris teamed up with me and both are very good Bowhunters and added some great input and video along the way. Limb Chicken, Muddy, and so many others were the original members of the website.

We started the Big Buck Context and people like Tony Knight gave us prizes to give away, Larry Zach too.

I started the PMA forum trying to generate some revenue but the Forum is and always has been the place everyone comes! As we get closer to season, closer to the rut, we always forget about what's not working and go to our stands to just get away from all the "shit" society throws at us and we get back to our roots, we hunt!

The smell of autumn and the first killing frost is what we all live for, and all we want is a glance, just to see him once. Then see him again but closer, to walk into range is almost to much but it's what we live for, just one chance, one shot.

Yes, we are all older but wiser and more patient and hers in Iowa we should be, you never ever know what might come out of the bush, nose to the ground in all his glory.

To be able to share, that is what's very hard for me. I have had them poached and shot on the last day of gun season to never see my favorite buck again. Even after that I still come back and share my scouting trips and my hunts.

I guess that's it for me, I have missed a bunch but I am just the guy who had the idea to talk and post about my love and just like me a bunch of other guys had it too.

When I met Chris Lane I was amazed and just how good of hunter he was, the area he hinted didn't hurt but you still have to connect and he did and does every season. I have not talked to him in many moons. He like me has a family and his wife probably screams at him to get off the computer like mine did. My kids are grown up and gone so I guess I have slowly worked my way back home. I hope this helps you.

Great story, enjoy connecting with others who are just as passionate.

Right in there, I should look to be exact but I just keep forgetting. This website started as a love affair with what I think is the most beautiful creature on earth. To be born in a state where you can be driving down a country road and look off into the distance and see "him" standing there in all his majesty. To this day it never gets old, for me I wanted it to stay my hobby and not be a career or a job. I only bow hunt and use my Nikon in the field. I run cameras all year and spend endless hours looking for him. My area in western Iow is high plains that flow down to creeks and rivers and I spend a fair amount of time in the Loess Hills. Lee Gladfelter of the Iowa DNR is a big reason Iowa has what it has for a healthy deer population. I sat on the NRC in the early 2000's and Director Wilson tales the politicians into letting the biologist do there job and set kill numbers, etc. We also had a ton of CRP in through out the state in the 1980'sthat didn't hurt either. John Doonan and George Parris teamed up with me and both are very good Bowhunters and added some great input and video along the way. Limb Chicken, Muddy, and so many others were the original members of the website. We started the Big Buck Context and people like Tony Knight gave us prizes to give away, Larry Zach too. I started the PMA forum trying to generate some revenue but the Forum is and always has been the place everyone comes! As we get closer to season, closer to the rut, we always forget about what's not working and go to our stands to just get away from all the "shit" society throws at us and we get back to our roots, we hunt! The smell of autumn and the first killing frost is what we all live for, and all we want is a glance, just to see him once. Then see him again but closer, to walk into range is almost to much but it's what we live for, just one chance, one shot. Yes, we are all older but wiser and more patient and hers in Iowa we should be, you never ever know what might come out of the bush, nose to the ground in all his glory. To be able to share, that is what's very hard for me. I have had them poached and shot on the last day of gun season to never see my favorite buck again. Even after that I still come back and share my scouting trips and my hunts. I guess that's it for me, I have missed a bunch but I am just the guy who had the idea to talk and post about my love and just like me a bunch of other guys had it too. When I met Chris Lane I was amazed and just how good of hunter he was, the area he hinted didn't hurt but you still have to connect and he did and does every season. I have not talked to him in many moons. He like me has a family and his wife probably screams at him to get off the computer like mine did. My kids are grown up and gone so I guess I have slowly worked my way back home. I hope this helps you.

Good write up on the history, thanks for taking the time

• Deleted by TheKingsDeer.com
Show…
Top Bottom