ISHEDHUNT PHOTO'S IV

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by ISHEDHUNT, Nov 17, 2001.

1. ISHEDHUNT

ISHEDHUNT Life Member

First off thanks again Tony for posting some of the photos. I know I kinda unloaded a bunch of photos on you all a once. The first 3 photos are of the little locked set. They each net under 100 inches. The last photo is of a buck that my father killed a few years back. The buck grosses 158+ and nets 156 4/8. It has 13 inch G-2's and 28 inch main beams. This buck now hangs proudly on my wall, as my father passed away 2 months ago. This buck was killed the last year my father was healthy enough to hunt with me. It was a nice reward for him and I. Hunting hasn't been the same for me since. I hope you enjoy the photos. Thanks for posting them.
    Chris

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Guest

Guest Guest

A few locked and a mount...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris,

That's what we have so far, we'll e-mail this week and show you how to post these yourself.

Thanks a lot!

4. Admin

Admin Administrator

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. He harvested a great buck, you should be proud to have been able to hunt with him. I ll bet everytime you find a new shed he smiles from above.

I am not sure if everyone knows how many sheds you have or have found but it's alot and I dont mean 100. There are a few that know of you and I am glad your on this board to share your experiences and expertise.

When Northern Whitetails gets closer to being done hunting and maybe Kansan we'll really get this Conference smoking with hardcore shed talk. I know IAdroptine is very dedicated as well and between the four of you it could be a banner year for big sheds.

Take care, talk soon.

TLH

5. Iowa1

Iowa1 New Member

Hey Chris it's good to see you're still hard at it. Sorry to hear about your dad. You probably heard I lost my 20 best sheds in a fire about a year ago, so It's really fun to be able to look at yours. Keep wearing out those shed hunting boots.

Bernie

6. ISHEDHUNT

ISHEDHUNT Life Member

Thanks for kind words about my father, guys. I had heard about your fire Bernie, hope everything is back to somewhat normal for you. After my divorce the ex-wife took two of my sheds. One of them was a 110+ non typical and a 85 inch typical side. I still haven't got them back, nor do I think I ever will. Oh well on to better news. I had some extra time to kill Saturday, so I went to one of my better shed hunting areas to have a look around. I saw a couple of nice bucks and several does (just for the record I can't bow or gun hunt this area only shed hunt it). A few years ago while shed hunting there I found part of a Buffalo skull in the creek that runs through this property. This last Saturday I found a leg bone about 60 feet upstream from the area were I found the skull, no sheds though.

7. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Kansan, congrats on both counts.
    Sorry for the slow responses as of late, still out trying to fill my second bow tag. The warm weather has slowed down the buck movement in my area and all I can do is sit and dream of all the new sheds yet to drop.

In the process of changing jobs also so don't think I'm slacking, just as Hard Core as ever.

Good to see true die hard shed hunters using the site, hope to see you guys often.

Chris, I'm also sorry to hear about your dad, can't change that but I wish you good luck getting your sheds back.

Mike

8. ISHEDHUNT

ISHEDHUNT Life Member

Kansan, I'm sure your father was looking over your shoulder as you harvested that buck. I really haven't had the desire to go this year, been a few times and seen some small bucks. As for the sheds, it was a bitter divorce and she knew taking them would upset me. Both the sheds she took I never found, the were purchased from friends. One of whom is no longer alive. I would aleast like to have that shed back. It was a clean 85 inch 4pt typical. It was a bit weathered but still a huge shed. I myself have never seen a bigger 4pt side.
    Chris

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry to hear about your dad. I can relate, my father passed away last year. You want to hear something interesting? On the morning of November 11, this year, I was getting dressed in the darkness to go on a morning hunt, when a meteor lit up the sky and left a brilliant orange/green trail. I said, "dad, is today the day?" I got to my treestand, and 30 minutes later I shot a 250# buck. Wouldn't score very high, but I don't care. That one was for my dad, and I KNOW he was watching.

He's with me in shed hunting too. This coming season, my wife-to-be will be out there with me looking for sheds. She's becoming just as hard core as I am about it!!!!!!