ISO - Youth Bow

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear & Equipment' started by Jmac0501, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Jmac0501

Jmac0501 Active Member

Looking for a used youth bow for my 10 year old son as a Christmas gift. He's starting to express some interest in learning how to shoot the bow, so I want to get him excited about it. Looking to find one that will adjust in Weight and Length as he grows for the next few years.
    I'm in between Des Moines and Ames, so prefer to find something in the area, but will be traveling to Waterloo/Cedar Falls area in a couple of weeks for work.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Hawk32

Hawk32 Active Member

My 9 year old is shooting the diamond edge sb1. great bow. Diamond and bowtech have some great options for youth that are extremely adjustable and will last them for years. My suggestion is to bring him to buck hollow sports south of des moines near pella and boyd will set him up.

4. Limb Chicken

Limb Chicken Administrator

I have a diamond set up with a whisker biscuit that I would be willing to get rid of. I am in the Iowa City area.

5. seven twenty

seven twenty PMA Member

Barnett makes 1 that is adjustable from 19-45lbs. Not sure about draw lengths. They sell for around $125-150. Check Walmart or Scheels

6. Jmac0501

Jmac0501 Active Member

Thanks for the info and offer's guys. I think we're probably going to go new and see what our options are at the local archery shop.