Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Its finally raining !!!!!!

Wi transplant

PMA Member
Im at work right now with a big smile on my face !! Not from work but this past weekend my kids and i planted our fall food plots in southern iowa and its finally raining !!!!!! I guess its the little things in life !!!! We put in 6 plots 3 with oats and clover and 3 with fall grains winter peas and brassicas !! Thanks sligh1. Plant in the dust and your grain bins will bust !!!
14adc40a66ea47c41c377004a7565270.jpg
7cd404238f82e8732c9cf8ec43bf47ce.jpg

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Same here. Planted our 2 plots Saturday afternoon after a small shower, then got 4" of rain on Sunday!!! Cant wait to go out and check things out in a week or so:)

Congrats! I have been in the"void" in west central Iowa. 2 miles north and south good rain. Thinking about setting up some sprinklers. On a good note, bumper crop of all the wild edibles! Plums acorns berries cherries.

Has it affected corn and bean yields?
All around it it's been a pretty good year in my area. Corn and beans will be fine, it is just my August planted food plots that won't. Oh well , the deer never seem to like brassicas at my place anyway haha. They love the winter Rye radishes and peas though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The crops look great in Western IA, I think they have had more rain overall, in MN my area is fantastic, they are looking at 200 bushel corn easy!

The beans in most of the state are going to be down on average. Most of the later planted beans are in trouble as far as yields go. Corn will be spotty as well...The lack of rain will affect test weight and w will see what the next 45 days to the beans as far as how much the pods will fill or not. Of course i am speaking for farm production type crops. Deer plots are fine with 120 bu corn and 25 bu beans so they should ok for that. On a side note i have 2 brassica plots in two totally differnt areas and since planting on the 27th one has caught 3.2" and the other 1.1"...so they should be off to a good start

Well, I got back out to the plots this weekend. I planted last saturday and got 4-5 inches of rain in the next 2 days.....Feeling good about what I saw. Both the soybeans and the radishes are about 3 inches up!!!

IMG950680 (1).jpg
IMG950681.jpg

Is anyone on here still hurting for rain?!? We’ve been getting bunch!!! Should fill in fall plots really well.

Just spent a day at my farm south of ottumwa and plots we planted 1st weekend in aug. Looking great !!!
d198a96b4e62723de5a20c854481bdcc.jpg

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I think we have had more rain in the past 2 weeks than in the past 2 years combined...for real. We'll take it! I will be at my farm tomorrow...I suspect I will see actual mud for the first time in many, many months. :)
My friend lives on Davis/Van Buren county line and I’m sure he’s doing hand stands right now! It’s been dry there for the last three years.

Got my cereal grains in the ground last night. 2 inches of rain by 9 in the morning. I love it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My friend lives on Davis/Van Buren county line and I’m sure he’s doing hand stands right now! It’s been dry there for the last three years.

Who's your friend Ishi? I am in Davis County, but the Van Buren line is about 400 yards away from me. Perhaps I know him.

It's funny how this rain thing works...I've got one farm that had received over 6" since Friday morning and it's still raining...I haven't looked at my plot there but I'm a little worried....then I have another farm an hour west of there and since Friday morning it had only received an inch or so...I actually planted the dbltree mix on it yesterday...now I need it to stop raining so I can finish my plots! Crazy how we can go from one extreme to the other in a short amount of time!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom