Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's over, I can sleep now!!

J

jdavis

For those who really don't like shotgun season,it's over. Man, does shotgun season make me nervous!!! I hope the big boys made it through! Does anyone else go thru this? My wife says I'm nuts during bow season but a wreck during shotgun. I will start feeding and put out the cameras to see what did make it.

Same here. Pass a lot of good ones all year and hope they are smart egnough to stay in their little sanctuary. A quick push by trespassers and you could loose next years graduating class in a hurry.

I know the feeling I am patrolling every day of the gun season here in PA .. trying my best to keep the trespassers out and the bucks in .. I had the cameras out fro a week now and all but 2 of the good ones made it .. I am worried I wontt be seeing those 2 again and one was a super 125'' 2 year old that I was seeing all the time
frown.gif
maybe he will show up .. to everyone in this boat good luck hope they made it for you ..

Marc

I was in this boat too, for 9 weeks this year, thank god it is over and the netter ones I knew about, I still know about!
smirk.gif

glad they made it for you Saskguy .. now go get there sheds I cant wait to see the monsters you will find this year .. good luck

Marc

Glad I am not the only one. Nothing against the sluggers. It is just weird to hunt all fall and leave as little impact as possible and then see the woods filled with orange coats and white tails. Really though, it is great living in a state where there are so many seasons for hunters to enjoy. Each one is special in it's own way. Live it up in the late season. Happy Holidays!!!

It's not over yet boys, the crazy guys like me are still out there giving the big boys a hard time
grin.gif
I predict a few big boys are gonna be falling soon with these cold temps we have been having
smile.gif

man, i'm the same as you guys. i delt with it this year by not even going out to where i hunt. there's nothing i can do about it anyway.

i did ask around alot about what was shot there. as far as i can tell right now, big and little eddie made it through.
applause.gif

Pretty sure from the sign that I had at least a light push through my place but when you can't be there all the time what are you going to do? Combine that with the fence cut earlier this year so they wouldn't have to drag so far... It all just leaves me so p!ssed off. I'd like REAL teeth in a trespass law.

I'm glad to see there are others that watch the young bucks with great potential on their land, pass them up during the bow season so they have a chance to grow, and then stress out for two weeks each year and pray they stay hid and not take a slug.

I'm thankful we live in a state that limits it's shotgun season to a short two week period after the rut ... and I am a shotgun hunter too!

I'm with you boys, maybe we can start a support group next year!

I dont mind people gun hunting at all, I hunt with a muzzeloader myself. It's the mob rules, chase 'em with the truck, go where ever you please guys that I cant stand!
I went out for a drive sunday night to see what was moving. What I saw was a bunch of trucks chasing two real nice 8 pointers. They saw me watching them and stopped to ask if I owned the land (gee, that was nice of them). I just said no and rolled up the window, they went back to their plan but got nervous and stopped to ask permission at the next farmhouse. I picked up the phone and called my buddy who was working at the sheriff's office.
I rather enjoyed watching two of them sign their tickets for not having licenses and a loaded gun in the truck!

If your not hunting shotgun next year, you can help, just drive around and keep the phone handy. And it helps to remember that those big ones escaped them last year and some of them always will.
grin.gif

I talked to my neighbor the other night. His land is run hard both seasons and is bow hunted alot too. He told me there were seven "large" bucks taken off of his land this year. Those are the ones he knows about and I'm not sure what large means to him. The other place I hunt had a 170 class and several smaller bucks taken. They too are run very hard from Oct.1 to Jan. 10th. All I can do is hope that someday it will be my turn.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom