Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just bought a Treesuit, now what?

Limb Chicken

Well I have been wanting one of these for a long time and couldn't pass up the price they have on their website so I bought one... You guys have any experience with these? I think it looks great and have a couple of places I can't wait to try it out. Any tips from those that have them?

OneCam,
Didn't you take a good buck out of one?

Limb, you'd better take a friend along in case you end up upside down your first trip up the tree. Make sure that friend has a camera too!!

Let us know how they work, the idea is cool but I'm skeptical about comfort.

Limb, I bought one in the fall, because they had a good deal going at that time, also. A guy from Des Moines came out and demonstrated it for me. (His cousin is the guy who invented it). He is a big boy - well over 6 foot, and approaching 300 pounds. He had the larger size, and it worked great for him.
I didn't get mine til partway through the bow season, so decided to wait til spring to get used to using it. I'm looking forward to using this 'stand' in the fall. I plan to have steps installed in several trees ahead of time, which will make it easy to move around and hunt the wind. They really do break up a hunter's profile, and they let you shoot in every direction.

I bought some strap-on steps in case I want to hunt a new place, or move to a place that isn't already set up. I was told that some guys put three of them on one strap, and use that one for the top step, which allows them to step on any side of the tree. They use the climbing sticks a lot, also. I plan to start testing mine out in a week or two. I want to be confident when I use it. Let me know how yours works out.

Muddy, my limited experience with one of these indicates that they will be very comfortable. When I tried it out, I felt like it had very good back support. The guy who sold it to me, said he has sat in them for up to 8 hours. I doubt that I can sit anywhere for that long - no matter how comfortable they are.

Limb, you are going to enjoy your new toy. It's great for slipping into new places and setting up in the morning. I shot this buck back in 1998 out of one of the earlier models of the tree suite.

Have fun with it
waytogo.gif

How long does it take to get use to it. I guess I just have to put it up in the back yard and find out for myself. I think this will be great for the quick hunts after work! Keep up with the tips I can use all I can get!

limb climbing sticks work great with it. the idea of putting about 4 steps on one strap to place where you will be stanking i've heard is a great one. i have not tried it yet cause i didn't hear about it untill after the season. i deffinately recomend getting use to the suit before hunting in it. cause i did not. and my first trip to the tree was a cluster f@$#. once you get use to it it will take you only about 2 minutes before you are ready to hunt.i add that the comfort of this stand is un believable, it is hard not to fall asleep in it. i cary a back pack with me and a e-z hanger i place it in front of me and leave it open so i can get in and out of it with ease and the least omount of movement. however i hang my bow on small tree step so it is closer to the tree, again for the least amount of movement. i hope this helps.

Top Bottom