Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas Prince = New Iowa Archery World Record?

Is it just me or does the back cape, directly behind the antlers look a bit "obstructed". I remember reading an article about a guy who shot an absolute monster and didn't recover him until later in the season, the cape was ruined and nothing was left of the deer. The guy desperately wanted to get a harvest photo with the deer. It just so happened his buddy had killed one that same time frame. They did the t incision on his head and removed the racks from both deer, then put the big rack on the other deer ( not for sure how they secured it for the time being) but if I remember right the pictures turned out great and the guy got to do a "fake" harvest photo with that buck. Pretty neat stuff, almost looks like something of that nature could have happened here as maybe a sick joke that went to far. Who knows I guess, I'm sure something will surface at some point in time.

Yea Looks like same exact buck. the g2 and g3's curve together the same, the tine lengths look identical. seems like a pretty white rack, and who only has one field photo in that pose?

What gets me is the people in my area saying they know the guy and have seen the buck. They must have been blind if they couldn't tell he probably cut the cape screwed skull plate in place of another buck and sowed cape back up.

right there with you. he has been showing it around as I understand. something is odd about this. Neighbor has said he plans on selling on ebay...

What is, in my opinion, the dead nuts confirmation it's the same deer... If you look at original kill pic which is better quality... You can see the little bump/kicker on the left G3 of the skull picture - you can see this bump & kicker on the kill buck. Second, same scenario, on the good kill pic, you can see the blade or ridge running up on G2 that's also the same as on the skull pic.
I don't know the guy in the pic - obviously that's not the Kansas hunter that has the KS prince? I know MANY guys who find their deer too late (week later or coyotes kill them) and take their skull plates out & wait til a buddy shoots a buck they aren't going to mount... They cut the area on top of head and slide skull plate in for good looking "real looking" harvest pics. Wonder if a possibility here?
**(I do not know anything about either of the bucks here so if there isn't any funny business here, I am not trying to stir the pot - just trying to state the obvious or discuss possibilities.)

I thought that this same deer was posted a while back under "Northeast Iowa Guys.". And jjohnson had pics and said that this deer was on his farm a couple years ago???

This smelled bad from the start. When a buck of that caliber. Gets killed it's all over the hunting world. Now we are weeks later and no one knows anything except they know a guy that knows a guy that a friend of another guy shot it. Oh Mitch where are you?:grin::D

The trail cam pictures are mine. The guy in the picture supposedly killed the deer in the pic on the property next to mine. I own a sporting goods store so I talk to everybody. Although I haven't talked to him in person I know people who have. Some say they've seen the rack personally. This seems really weird but I trust some of the people I've talked to. Honestly the two racks here seem identical. It seems he's the type of person that would gain nothing by faking something. And from what I've been hearing he's sick of all the publicity it's brought on. All I can say is we'll see what happens when he comes forward.

If its the buck I think we are talking about does anyone not see the difference in the g5s

Last edited:
If its the buck I think we are talking about does anyone not see the difference in the g4s

I don't. I see the same rack. Look at the distance between the tines and the length of the tines themselves. Looks to me to be exactly the same with the naked eye.
The odds of two deer growing almost identical racks has to be out of this world.

The trail cam pictures are mine. The guy in the picture supposedly killed the deer in the pic on the property next to mine. I own a sporting goods store so I talk to everybody. Although I haven't talked to him in person I know people who have. Some say they've seen the rack personally. This seems really weird but I trust some of the people I've talked to. Honestly the two racks here seem identical. It seems he's the type of person that would gain nothing by faking something. And from what I've been hearing he's sick of all the publicity it's brought on. All I can say is we'll see what happens when he comes forward.
Post some of the trail cam pics! I want to see this thing lol coming up with a story that a guy from Kansas went shed hunting by jjohnsons land found the prince set, brought them back to Kansas and said he found them in Kansas lol just throwing that out there, just tryin to come up with somethin, then this guy shot the deer

Last edited:
That is without a doubt the same rack. Just look at the shapes between the points they are identical.

I don't. I see the same rack. Look at the distance between the tines and the length of the tines themselves. Looks to me to be exactly the same with the naked eye.
The odds of two deer growing almost identical racks has to be out of this world.

Meant g5s my bad

even the little curl at the tip of the left g4 is exact. same deer,doubt the deer from Kansas had a twin that traveled clear to northeast iowa.

Post some of the trail cam pics! I want to see this thing lol coming up with a story that a guy from Kansas went shed hunting by jjohnsons land found the prince set, brought them back to Kansas and said he found them there lol just throwing that out there, just tryin to come up with somethin, then this guy shot the deer

The pic is in the thread titled Northeast Iowa Guys that I started. Pry 5 or 6 pages back in this forum.

If it is a different buck, we know exactly what he is going to score ...just get the score off the KS King to be certain :D

Top Bottom